naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: NTHW's April 2014 LAN Party  (Read 3164 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
NTHW's April 2014 LAN Party
« on: 06 April 2014, 11:33: AM »
Over the first weekend of April 2014, we held a [NTHW] LAN Party in memory of Stu Burchnall.  This was kindly hosted by Viv Burchnall.

We don't think Viv had fully realised what she had let herself in for.  Typically, at the first mention of a LAN, ladies have found an excuse to run away and to return after we've cleared up.  An invasion of 13 gamers, with tables, networking cables, computers, and all sorts is a bit of a shock.  We think she was even more surprised, when she found our sleeping arrangements weren't much more than us collapsing onto the first available bit of floor.  On the other hand, after Saturday’s news that Leicester won promotion to the Premiership, any reservations Viv had were long gone.

The main games played were Battlefield 4, which included a search for the newly found Megladon.  The old standby Call of Duty 4 featured, as we can host that locally on a laptop which allows us to play around with customisations including the Galactic Wars mod.  A couple of guys enjoyed Titanfall, or the DayZ mod for ARMA 2.  Stormpr00ter delighted in showing off the latest alpha of Elite Dangerous.  Most of us drew the line when a drunk Scary decided to acquire Goat Simulator, although inevitably that went down well with Tuboll and Thannis :eek:

There was the usual fiddling with computers as free parts on offer allowed a couple of upgrades, especially for Pabs87.  Inevitably the NTHW LAN party gremlins struck, this time hitting MovedGoalPosts who managed a solitary half hours gaming all weekend.  The rest of the time was desperately involved trying to resurrect and recover data from a failed hard drive.  Unfortunately MGP had the previous day bought a NAS drive, but hadn't had time to make the backup :doh: 

We were rather spoilt by the catering arrangements.  Waking up to a breakfast cooked by Viv was great.  Saturday's evening meal, instead of our usual takeaway, was a chilli con carne and bolognese :drool:.  This sets a standard we will struggle to match in the future.

There were a few sore heads, especially on Sunday morning :drunk:.  Even Dilli was involved in the alcoholism as we all took a shine to Stu’s favourite apple schnapps type tipple.  A note of thanks to Klinsman who, although he couldn’t make it, sent us a bottle of Bushmills whiskey.

It was great to all meet up again.  Our LAN parties are more of a social gathering than one of hardcore gaming and they are undoubtedly what gives our community it's character.  Here’s looking forward to the next one.

A number of photos were taken and these will be added to our gallery in the near future.

Offline punky

• [NTHW] Retired List
Re: NTHW's April 2014 LAN Party
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2014, 04:39: PM »
It was great seeing all your guys again, as well as some of the new blood. Had a blast, just a shame I could only manage 3 hours.

I know I keep saying this but once time and money are in better supply i'm going to get my desktop back running again.

Thanks again to Viv for putting the event on for us. It was lovely meeting you finally.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2014, 12:58: PM »
It was indeed good to meet up with everyone again.  I'm sure the big guy would have been looking down on us having fun.  I think Viv had a positive influence on us all as it seemed like a nice relaxing LAN.  It was also good to see some of Stu's family pop over to see what we were about.  I'm hoping Viv and Cameron had as much fun as we did.  Thanks Viv for letting us invade and looking after us all so well.

I must be getting too old for this stuff though.  Taking the next day off work to recover is proving essential.  After unpacking all my kit, I slumped in front of the TV at around 5:00 pm, and the next I knew it was 9:00pm.  Went to bed and only surfaced half hour ago :knackered:
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2014, 05:57: PM »
I know I keep saying this but once time and money are in better supply i'm going to get my desktop back running again.

:tu: :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2014, 05:59: PM »
Some Photos are now uploaded to the Gallery

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2014, 07:35: PM »
Some Photos are now uploaded to the Gallery

Its about time we had a good set of photo's, thanks for uploading them Rob  :tu:

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline Ste

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2014, 08:45: PM »
Rob whats the best way for me to get the ones i have to you?

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2014, 12:13: AM »
Rob whats the best way for me to get the ones i have to you?

Dunno, perhaps Dropbox or similar if it's too many to email a few at a time.

Indeed if anyone has photos from previous LANs please get them to me.  Obviously can't use them all but a few of our LANs are thin on the ground, and some of the early ones don't have any coverage at all.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2014, 07:57: AM »
My LAN photos available here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sgkwnft6d528jty/gVGwNmaSEG

Only 4 I'm afraid

Offline FrenchieCDC

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2014, 02:46: AM »
Got a few more pictures here that you can use for the album.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6bqc03k55niq2v1/iGxfzbK1PV

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2014, 10:59: AM »
Looks like you had a good time!
Cosy!  :)

Offline zingle

« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2014, 11:45: PM »
I will never forget NTHWs first lan at Roughs when Stu just kipped outside

Offline Ste

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2014, 12:56: AM »
Here's the few i got! including some from the journey back

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6d0nykihlfl5b0q/VOMtIgFAgK

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2014, 08:36: AM »
Here's the few i got! including some from the journey back

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6d0nykihlfl5b0q/VOMtIgFAgK

And there was me thinking you'd taken some photos :shrug:

At least you haven't captured the humpage moment very well : :-X

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] In Memoriam
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2014, 09:54: AM »
Now we know what floats your boat we'll get plenty of opportunity in the future I'm sure :)

Me. I'm still getting the nightmares and need to go see a clinic I think ;)