naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: New Graphic card  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
Re: New Graphic card
« Reply #40 on: 07 March 2017, 09:14: PM »
i asked the guy's at scan about running two of these and they said your not gonna get much gain with 2 of these

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #41 on: 08 March 2017, 06:29: PM »
i asked the guy's at scan about running two of these and they said your not gonna get much gain with 2 of these

And that guy needs to be fired and is talking out of his ass for those people are not just running 1080p since no card on the market is capable of 4K 60fps in all games.

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #42 on: 22 March 2017, 10:09: PM »
need some suggestions... got a bonus coming in at the end of the month and looking at upgrading my gpu as it is running tired now
so limited funds as I need to get a few other things for my pc
debating between the RX480 or a 1060...monitor is only a standard 1080 so not fussed about support of 4k etc etc.

was also thinking about the 1070 but that would mean dropping on a few needed parts in my pc
so at the moment am looking at the following for sure
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/256gb-scanfx-sm961-polaris-m2-nvme-mlc-v-nand-ssd-pcie-30-x4-read-3100-mb-sec-write-1400-mb-sec-330k
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-24000-(3000)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-17-17-35-xmp
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2tb-toshiba-dt01aca200-35-hdd-sata-iii-6gb-s-7200rpm-64mb-cache-8ms-ncq-oem (1 of my current drives is failing)
also in need of a new rodent as my g500 is also dying

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-asus-radeon-rx-480-dual-oc-14nm-polaris-pcie-30-8000mhz-gddr5-1305mhz-boost-2304-streams-2x-dp-2
or
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-mini-itx-oc-6gb-gddr5-vr-ready-graphics-card-1280-core-1531mhz-gpu-1746mhz

budget is around the 500 mark...

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #43 on: 23 March 2017, 12:44: AM »
What is your motherboard Dutchie?  The M2 PCIE SSD is a nice luxury, but speed wise does your motherboard really support it at flat out bandwidth.  To get the most from mine I had to buy an adaptor card.  Even so I'm not capable of noticing the speed over a standard SATA based SSD.  So if pennies are important a decent capacity standard SSD may be better value?

What is the refresh rate on your monitor?  You may not be thinking of 4K or higher resolution but you still want the card to be capable of beating the monitor, especially if you don't have g-sync / freesync.  If a future monitor change is a possibility then you want to decide if you go for nvida and g-sync (generally more pricey monitors), or AMD with freesync (may be less efficient).  I always look up various benchmark tables to see how cards seem to compare.

Any reason for the mini ITX Nvidia card?  If your case is standard sized a normal GPU will have better cooling and thus probably performance

Do you really need more RAM?  How often do you get close to running out of what you currently have?

If budget is limited, concentrate on the stuff that really must be replaced / upgraded over the stuff that is nice to have.  Oh and do shop around rather than just look at one site.  There can be bargains and other sites may also do cheap / free delivery too.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #44 on: 23 March 2017, 08:44: PM »
just made sure and yes my mobo does support the nvme properly and the ssd otherwise would have been same price mgp... already been on the look for those for a while now.

it just depends on how greedy our "friend" the taxman is going to be on what I can afford if I can get away with the 1070 then I might just do it.

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #45 on: 23 March 2017, 08:47: PM »
What is your motherboard Dutchie?  The M2 PCIE SSD is a nice luxury, but speed wise does your motherboard really support it at flat out bandwidth.  To get the most from mine I had to buy an adaptor card.  Even so I'm not capable of noticing the speed over a standard SATA based SSD.  So if pennies are important a decent capacity standard SSD may be better value?

What is the refresh rate on your monitor?  You may not be thinking of 4K or higher resolution but you still want the card to be capable of beating the monitor, especially if you don't have g-sync / freesync.  If a future monitor change is a possibility then you want to decide if you go for nvida and g-sync (generally more pricey monitors), or AMD with freesync (may be less efficient).  I always look up various benchmark tables to see how cards seem to compare.

Any reason for the mini ITX Nvidia card?  If your case is standard sized a normal GPU will have better cooling and thus probably performance

Do you really need more RAM?  How often do you get close to running out of what you currently have?

If budget is limited, concentrate on the stuff that really must be replaced / upgraded over the stuff that is nice to have.  Oh and do shop around rather than just look at one site.  There can be bargains and other sites may also do cheap / free delivery too.

Ram I only have 8gb and yes I know I don't need it now but might do sooner or later.

and yes I do have a look at other websites as well been doing a few price compares :)