naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Elite or is it Dangerous?  (Read 24082 times)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Re: Elite or is it Dangerous?
« Reply #420 on: 14 May 2017, 10:35: AM »
That will teach him :tu:
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #421 on: 14 May 2017, 10:38: AM »
Sorry Storm it had to be done  :D

LOL!

I wondered where my NPC character would end up, and what "profession" he would be.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #422 on: 03 June 2017, 09:18: AM »
Well decided I am going to head back out to Beagle Point for the 2nd time and this time I am in "Deep Space Scanner" my 55Ly Anaconda hoping to find alot more earth likes.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #423 on: 05 June 2017, 07:13: PM »
First quarter of the journey complete, just arrived at Jaques Station with a nice 26.5 Million Credits in exploration data.

Next stop Beagle Point.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #424 on: 05 June 2017, 07:19: PM »
Do you speak English :D no idea what you're on about but enjoy :D

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #425 on: 05 June 2017, 08:13: PM »

It's a very long trip.

Picture attached is the route someone else took so they bookmarked the route that they were taking which is the blue squares.

The route I am taking is the red line to there and then the green line back, total round trip 130,000Ly in a straight line but mine will be close to 160,000Ly or more at 55Ly per jump at the max but as I get closer the jump range will drop to around 35Ly.

The main area where people play (the bubble) is on one side of the galaxy and Beagle point in a straight line is 65,000Ly on the other side of the galaxy.

The last time I went out there, I was tempted about 2 or 3 times to just blow my ship up on the way back for a fast trip back to the bubble but I flew all the way back, took about a week or two with 12 hours a day pretty much but I wasn't doing it as fast as I could, but again this time I am going to take my time to try and add, some more Earth Like worlds to my bookmarks with my name on them, as currently I have 22 since they introduced bookmarks, but I know I have about 20 more that are not bookmarked and the chances of finding them are practically 0.

Either way it's fun but can get boring at times when you are doing it on your own, but I have youtube to watch videos on whilst flying or music to listen to.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #426 on: 07 June 2017, 11:12: AM »

It's a very long trip.

Picture attached is the route someone else took so they bookmarked the route that they were taking which is the blue squares.

The route I am taking is the red line to there and then the green line back, total round trip 130,000Ly in a straight line but mine will be close to 160,000Ly or more at 55Ly per jump at the max but as I get closer the jump range will drop to around 35Ly.

The main area where people play (the bubble) is on one side of the galaxy and Beagle point in a straight line is 65,000Ly on the other side of the galaxy.

The last time I went out there, I was tempted about 2 or 3 times to just blow my ship up on the way back for a fast trip back to the bubble but I flew all the way back, took about a week or two with 12 hours a day pretty much but I wasn't doing it as fast as I could, but again this time I am going to take my time to try and add, some more Earth Like worlds to my bookmarks with my name on them, as currently I have 22 since they introduced bookmarks, but I know I have about 20 more that are not bookmarked and the chances of finding them are practically 0.

Either way it's fun but can get boring at times when you are doing it on your own, but I have youtube to watch videos on whilst flying or music to listen to.

Fly safe Damien!
I've still yet to go much further than 1 kylie outside the bubble  :notworthy:

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #427 on: 14 June 2017, 08:37: PM »
The Thargoids are returning, even more reason for me to reinstall I think :)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/357610-Elite-Dangerous-2-4-The-Return

I for one welcome our Thargoid overlords :tu: :)
« Last Edit: 14 June 2017, 09:27: PM by dilli-theclaw »

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #428 on: 19 June 2017, 05:02: PM »
Well thanks to a mishap with a neutron star I am back in the bubble.

Went to get a FSD Boost to take me up to 250Ly jump range for a single jump, and I went in to the jet cone to fast and couldn't fight my way out 20 seconds later I was looking at a rebuy screen.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #429 on: 29 June 2017, 07:58: PM »
Been playing this on the PS4 the last couple of days and I have to say it's actually a joy to play from the beginning again, I really wish they would allow multiple profiles on the pc so you can start again without having to loose everything or buy another copy.

There are a few issues with performance but that should be resolved in the future with patches.

The only downside is that at the moment they do not support any HOTAS for it other than the Thrustmaster one they have been advertising for it, even though the PS4 will support pretty much any HOTAS, and I know my X56 works on the PS4.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #430 on: 03 July 2017, 10:24: PM »
CMDR Techno2k8 reporting in from Sag A*

And one of Jaques Station

Not bad considering the game has been out less than a week on the PS4, Beagle Point is next.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #431 on: 07 July 2017, 05:17: PM »
Finally made it to Beagle Point again this morning on the PS4, couldn't use SOL as I don't have the required rank so used Alpha Centauri instead.

Mr Ed Lewis checked to see if I was the first PS4 CMDR to make it here and Sag A* which was for Beagle but not Sag A*: https://twitter.com/edwardclewis/status/883286167453671424

2nd time of making this trip done it once on the PC and knew I had to do it on the PS4 as well, and then at some point I might do it on the Xbox One.

CMDR Name: Techno2k8
Date: 07 July 3303
Distance: 65,279.35Ly
Ship: Asp Exp (48.8Ly)
Platform: PlayStation 4

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #432 on: 26 September 2017, 05:27: PM »
Thargoids getting added today, so big patch and also a new launcher but the store is currently down so cannot download the launcher.

Patch Notes
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/378706

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #433 on: 13 October 2017, 12:22: PM »
Just what I always wanted a Krait is coming :)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #434 on: 13 October 2017, 03:00: PM »
Just what I always wanted a Krait is coming :)

Yes, just gotta play pirate in one of those  :tu: