naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Battallion 1944  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Battallion 1944
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2016, 04:46: PM »
btw, I'm 'Ramrod' on the forums (obviously)
I've found Kannon Fodda, can't find Storm

I've just registered.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2016, 05:24: PM »
Done  :D

Registered on the forums as DamienC.

Lets see how it pans out, I heard about it when it first went on Kickstarter but didn't think anyone would really look at it that much so didn't post about it but seeing as most people seem to be interested, I thought I would back it and see what happens.

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #22 on: 25 February 2016, 03:19: PM »

With 6 days to go on the Kickstarter, the game is well funded, at almost £250k, some £150k above the initial target.  Only now have the developers indicated their long awaited stretch goals, suggesting that they had been waiting for feed back as to what the game community really wanted.  But is it now too late for them to raise the added funds?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4/posts/1498388

The interesting targets for me would be:
£300k gives a D-Day map
£325k brings Brits into the fight
£400k adds the Russians

Bringing Brits and Russians will also their weaponry and maps representative of their campaigns.

There are further goals that I think are unlikely to be achievable.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #23 on: 25 February 2016, 03:24: PM »
With 6 days to go on the Kickstarter, the game is well funded, at almost £250k, some £150k above the initial target.  Only now have the developers indicated their long awaited stretch goals, suggesting that they had been waiting for feed back as to what the game community really wanted.  But is it now too late for them to raise the added funds?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4/posts/1498388

The interesting targets for me would be:
£300k gives a D-Day map
£325k brings Brits into the fight
£400k adds the Russians

Bringing Brits and Russians will also their weaponry and maps representative of their campaigns.

There are further goals that I think are unlikely to be achievable.

Funding will not end with the Kickstarter campaign - it will continue beyond that, but directly to the developers instead of through KS.
Still, 1.2 million for a single-player campaign does look unlikely.

Offline Gottu

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #24 on: 25 February 2016, 04:56: PM »
Have just backed this as well

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #25 on: 25 February 2016, 09:46: PM »
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline zingle

« Reply #26 on: 26 February 2016, 11:37: AM »
Yeah the idea of skilled play could well bring me back to online gaming. This gets rid of everything that imo has totally ruined FPS games. Lets split the men from the boys

Hope it comes off

Offline Su1c1dal

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #27 on: 27 February 2016, 11:19: AM »
backed this a few weeks ago when heard it via rammy. looks like it can be very good.

also rumours are that bf5 maybe ww1 based to.......all retro again. 

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: 27 February 2016, 12:55: PM »
backed this a few weeks ago when heard it via rammy. looks like it can be very good.

At least the planes will be slow enough to control properly :)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #29 on: 27 February 2016, 12:57: PM »

Thinking about it, Amercian Civil War would be OK too, revolvers, rifles, Winchester repeating rilfes, gatling guns, cannons,  iron-clads and horses! And for the explosives fans, dynamite & tnt.

Offline Su1c1dal

• [NTHW] Retired List
« Reply #30 on: 27 February 2016, 01:25: PM »

Thinking about it, Amercian Civil War would be OK too, revolvers, rifles, Winchester repeating rilfes, gatling guns, cannons,  iron-clads and horses! And for the explosives fans, dynamite & tnt.
civil war.......ace, plunder and pillage as well lol [emoji1]

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #31 on: 01 March 2016, 05:19: PM »
hmm, alpha not likely to be until May 2017.  That suggests the game itself might not be in place until Christmas 2017.  :(

That's a loooong way off, much more than expected from the dates implied by the Kickstarter that suggested delivery was May 2017.  I'm surprised given the apparent state the game must have reached just to have done the development trailers.  It's as if they are going back to the drawing board now that they have loads of people throwing  ideas at their forums.

The alternative Days of War is going to gain traction, albeit by a team that has apparently much less of a track record of game development.

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #32 on: 31 March 2017, 05:36: PM »
It's all been very quiet for this game, but it seems there has been a something stirring behind the scenes and it's getting closer to alpha testing for those who bought into the kickstarter related packages.  I think you can still buy in but only for a matter of hours.

Meanwhile they release a new video:

Edit:  And I think the lesson from that vid is if you ever see a player named BattalionDev01.  Run away from that server :suicide:

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2017, 03:27: PM »
Just received my Closed Alpha key so I can try it this weekend if I get chance, but I am not allowed to Stream or post videos about it, not even allowed to post on forums etc about it.

Still going to record it to look at the footage back for feedback reasons.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2017, 03:36: PM »
Hope it's as good as people are hoping it is :)

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2017, 03:43: PM »
Got my code :tu:

They have warned us that as an alpha it could be very buggy, and far from the finished version.  Hence the NDA as it would be unfair for stuff to get out that isn't representative of what they want to achieve.

My previous experience of these sorts of things is that they will often test certain aspects of performance, game play, or whatever with different builds, intentionally switching some things off, whilst over doing other stuff so they can gain a better understanding of the real limits.  As a result anything can and wil happen.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #36 on: 25 May 2017, 05:17: PM »
Got my code :tu:

They have warned us that as an alpha it could be very buggy, and far from the finished version.  Hence the NDA as it would be unfair for stuff to get out that isn't representative of what they want to achieve.

My previous experience of these sorts of things is that they will often test certain aspects of performance, game play, or whatever with different builds, intentionally switching some things off, whilst over doing other stuff so they can gain a better understanding of the real limits.  As a result anything can and wil happen.

Yep after reading the latest and last project update, they know that there are bugs in the build we will be playing.

They said they have removed some but they have left some in on purpose for testing reasons.

Either way I am just looking forward to being able to try it.

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2017, 09:43: PM »
Yep. Got mine as well :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #38 on: 12 December 2017, 08:00: PM »
After initial testing it all went a bit quiet whilst the devs took a look at the feedback and stuff that the NDA processes threw up.  Now they are coming out of hiding and getting ready to show off their efforts.

So this is a pre trailer, trailer .....

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #39 on: 21 December 2017, 03:44: PM »
For the very few of us with alpha access, they are testing a new map tonight.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/

Seems to have been a lot of work going on in the last couple of months to really get to grips with some elements of the gameplay :tu: