naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Battallion 1944  (Read 5293 times)

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Re: Battallion 1944
« Reply #40 on: 10 January 2018, 06:59: PM »
Steam Early Access starts 1st February

uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #41 on: 10 January 2018, 07:33: PM »
Cool, I'll probably start playing it when the servers are up for this....

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #42 on: 10 January 2018, 08:03: PM »
Yeah quite tempted

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #43 on: 10 January 2018, 09:13: PM »
 :tu:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #44 on: 10 January 2018, 09:39: PM »
I'll take a look, clan mode on ?

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #45 on: 10 January 2018, 10:07: PM »
looks good

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #46 on: 11 January 2018, 07:01: PM »
Yes please :)

Offline Gottu

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2018, 06:51: PM »
Who has already got a beta key and wants to give the servers a go?

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2018, 11:59: PM »
I do mate, on now if you're about? Can't tomorrow :(

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #49 on: 20 January 2018, 06:22: PM »
For those who have access the Beta is going live in approx 10 mins for the weekend.

I am sat patiently waiting, and the best thing is that there is no NDA so video's/streaming etc is all allowed.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #50 on: 20 January 2018, 07:28: PM »
Well that's me done with this until either release when the anti-cheat is in place or they get a working anti-cheat system.

Beta has only just gone live, been killed by a guy 2 games in a row with 1 shot from a pistol across the map, shot through wall's, invincible players.

The game run's smooth but if that is what it's going to be like at launch the game will fail very quickly.

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #51 on: 21 January 2018, 12:23: AM »
I've been playing with NTHW for almost 2 years now and other clans for 15+years, I'm shit at games but by no means a noob.

I don't think there is a single game that you play that you don't complain about people cheating? I think I called this last week? You'd start getting beat, then you'd call everyone out as a cheat.

Batallion comes out, you get beat, everone is cheating. Perhaps you're not as good at shooters as you think?

I played Batallion last night and thought it was a competent shooter, needs work, but it's good. Your first impressions are that everyone is cheating! Maybe, perhaps, there are people out there there who are actually better than you? I'm just tired of hearing "CHEAT" when people get beaten by someone who maybe better than them...

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #52 on: 21 January 2018, 09:59: AM »
At this beta stage of the game, I would be surprised if there are many cheaters.  To get a beta key you had to buy into the game some time ago, or be one of the fortunate few who got a giveaway.  Early Access cheaters are a greater risk, as anyone can buy in, but at the moment :shrug:

But, Battalion is built on Unreal Engine 4.  If there are players in other games such as PUBG using those engines, then I'd expect many of those cheats could be transferred to Battalion with little effort.

But, as a numpty player, I can honestly say that I would have no idea whether or not somebody is using a cheat, hack, whatever.  I have yet, in any game, to recognise this as a problem, as I am so vulnerable.  But when in games such as PUBG, where even killing one player is a challenge, when I see videos posted that say "13 kills", I have to be suspicious that that player is so wholly legit.

The use of hacks, cheats, or whatever in PC games has always been a problem.  Is it getting worse, I don't know.  But perhaps that the anticheat systems are less publicly known, and that we as the general unwashed have less perception as to how they might be working than the old favourites of Punkbuster, means we have much less trust that the play environment is fair.

It is also worth noting that many of the guns in Battalion are quite deadly.  One shots from rifles will be common, and it is probably only the  machine guns that will regularly need a couple or more hits to put you down.  But they have been doing a lot of work to tweak the bullet range, so Rammy would have to look elsewhere for an equivalent sniper shotgun.

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #53 on: 21 January 2018, 10:58: AM »
Damn.........
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #54 on: 21 January 2018, 03:13: PM »
Not sure what they have done but today it's solid, 99% solid.

There was not a single person who I could say was cheating with a degree of certainty, there was one player who a couple of people and myself thought was abit dodgy but hard to say for sure without some sort of replay feature.

The ping for me was hovering around the 25ms to 35ms, and like most games those who's ping's were up in the 100+ were doing the best seriously I don't understand how having a worse ping makes you do alot better but, hey that's why the Chinese like the NA and EU servers in PUBG and why some of us like the AS servers.

Weapons are a mess though, Sniper's are 100% accurate whether you are sprinting, jumping, climbing or going prone there is no penalty for moving whilst shooting them or jumping etc like there would be in most games, the shotgun's seem ok although the range on them is abit low.

Pistol's are far to weak, I hit a guy 6 times in the head whilst he was stood still and he just laughed it off.

The Bar and STG-44 are not to bad but still weak, whilst the Thompson and MP40 are really good but weak but this wouldn't be an issue if there was a movement penalty on Snipers.

The Garand and Gewher I think it is, 4 or 5 shot's to kill someone or 2 shot's to the head, not bad but again given how strong the Sniper's are I have barely seen anyone using anything but the Kar98 or Springfield.

The map's are small but make it intense if you manage to find people using something other than Snipers.

Movement feels clunky at times, and so does the aiming and will take some messing with sensitivity to sort out once released.

Bunny Hopping is still a thing, and whilst jumping most guns are pretty much on target with no issues which is a pita.

Sound is hit and miss as well, sometimes it work's great you can hear people moving around near you so you can figure out where they are but then other times it just doesn't work and what sound's like it's to your left is actually in front and to the right.

Performance wise, it ran really well and would probably run on some low spec machines.

For me it's not worth the money I put in to it, on Kickstarter not saying how much I put in but it wasn't a small amount but that's the risk's you take with backing games I suppose but it's still going to be enjoyable as long as they deal with the people cheating like I saw yesterday.

If people want a clan game where it's not about who has played more, or has spent more etc then this will do the job nicely as long as they put Rentable Dedicated Server's in for it, but if it's not on server's that we have control over then it might not get the support of some people on here which would be a shame.

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #55 on: 21 January 2018, 04:53: PM »
Received my beta key this morning so will give it a go this evening

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #56 on: 21 January 2018, 07:43: PM »
Had a go, only 10 minutes worth, not overly impressed I'm afraid, game play was OK but I found the graphics a bit cartoon like.

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #57 on: 21 January 2018, 07:55: PM »
I would expect a lot of the graphics to get better.  So far they have worried more about the feel and style of the game, than how it looks.  Even PUBG in early access has taken a while to see improvements in it's look.  But remember that "cartoon like" in some ways reflects the older CoD, MOH and similar FPS that they were trying to re create they style of even though now they can add a lot more detail.

As I understand it, and found particularly in BF1, if you turn off a lot of the flash stuff, the game runs faster, but more importantly you see your enemy.  If many players are exercising their gamesmanship by turning stuff off, then those who don't are disadvantaged.  And that then makes a mockery of expecting blingy graphics. :shrug:

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #58 on: 26 January 2018, 04:24: PM »
Beta information changes that are being made.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/

Changes & Improvements

Changes to Mid-Air Accuracy
We’ve acknowledged that beta players felt the time to kill was too low and that corner strafing/jump peeking was too common. Previously in Battalion, weapons were 100% accurate in the air. We have now added another layer of depth to the game, to reduce the amount of ‘flying around corners’complaints. Whilst strafing around a corner is still a valid strategy, it should no longer be the most optimal way to approach a gun fight, allowing for more options.

These changes affect the scoped rifles & the Kar98 most of all. For an amount of time when a player is in the air, they will no longer be able to hit perfectly accurate shots. This change is ONLY applied to horizontal movement (X & Z axis), if you stand still and complete a regular vertical jumpshot, you will retain 100% accuracy.

This change has been applied to the following weapons at different levels of inaccuracy:

Kar98 Sniper (Extreme)
Springfield (Extreme)
Kar98k (High)
STG44 (Medium)
BAR (Medium)
Thompson (Minor)
MP40 (Minor)

Then there is this about player numbers.

Player Counts
Technically, you can run a 50v50 game if you so wish!
However, we have tested the game with 18 players max, so anything after that is uncharted territory. As part of our “Major Content Update” in summer 2018 (www.battaliongame.com) we plan to include ‘large map support’ so that players can begin to play games with larger server numbers.

Please remember, the more players in a game, the more your frame rate will be affected.

Server's

Pre-Order Gameservers
We’ve been working with Multiplay who host all of our matchmaking servers, but they will also be hosting servers for players who want to run their own game! Their servers will be limited for 60 tick for now this will change in the future.

Visit https://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/battalion/ to pre-order your dedicated servers ready for Day 1 of Early Access.

Tick Rate
After much deliberation, we have decided to run our matchmaking servers at 60 tick. There are multiple reasons for this and it is important that server providers read this. We fully intend to offer 128 tick servers in the near future, but currently with our time constraints there are bugs with 128 tick. Some animation related and some spectator related. Clanwars is in its early stages but we intend for it to use higher tick servers, so fixing these issues are a priority for us.

If you do run your own server, we advise you do not use 128 tick and stick to 90 at most until we iron out these issues. But remember, the game has been tested most at 60 tick.

I looked at how much Multiplay want, and for 12 month's for a debranded 24 slot server which appears to be the max they will be offering for now, and paying for 12 month's upfront it's around £230 depend's on what you add etc.

Finally Early Access

We are super excited to announce that Battalion 1944 will be coming to Early Access on February 1st 2018 at 17:00 GMT.

It will cost just £11.99 / €14.99 / $14.99

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #59 on: 27 January 2018, 10:15: AM »
It's early to be talking of server rental.  We must see if there is real demand from the clan first.  And the game will change a lot in the first few months of Early Access. We also need to understand how the rented server would fit with any ingame broswer matchmaking thing as if a rented server wasn't visible, we'd be left with very few players. But by choice I would never rent a Multiplay server.  Whilst the devs have partnered this is supposed to be a truly moddable game.  So i also suspect other GSPs will be able to offer hosting.