+ Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation. naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.  (Read 157503 times)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Re: Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.
« Reply #40 on: 24 March 2011, 11:45: AM »
Stupid F*****g taxman, gonna get a very angry phone call tonight.

Pay day tomorrow and bonus payment as well to bad the taxman has decided to take my whole bonus of me in tax and more and it's mainly down to my company car thank's to Virgin not telling the taxman that I had a company car.

Ah so it's not the taxman to blame, but Virgin Media for not informing them in a timely fashion.  Company Cars are now often not an advantage to the employee due to the tax cost.  It's only an benefit if you do lots of business miles.  It's why I run my own vehicle and claim expenses, even though a car is essential for my job.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #41 on: 24 March 2011, 12:02: PM »
The issue is that my tax code has changed for the last 3 month's so I have been paying more then less and now more again, it really is a pain in the rear end.

I might give them a ring in a minute actually as it is dinner time.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #42 on: 24 March 2011, 01:29: PM »
Well phoned the tax office, only to find that they have not been backdating my tax, but instead have changed my tax code for next year to cover it.

Now I told them that my whole bonus has been taken in tax and they have said that it shouldn't of been but I will have to wait for my P60 and then phone them, and tell them the figures off it and then they can calculate if I have over or under paid tax.

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #43 on: 24 March 2011, 01:59: PM »
yeah thats not the tax office fault mate.... I would blame your employer on that for not saying you got a company car.

Offline Stu038

• [NTHW] In Memoriam
« Reply #44 on: 24 March 2011, 07:03: PM »
Sorry but I don't wholly agree with this blame the employee rant. We all know that both the tax man, our various employers and ourselves screw up taxes everyday because the bloody things are so complex.

For me the responsibility for checking is down to the individual. Damien you should have contacted the tax office yourself and informed them that you had started a new job and would have use of a company car, you wouldn't even have had to phone them its only down the road in Salford iirc so you could have blagged some business mileage to do it if you wanted. They would have adjusted your tax code there and then, told you what it would be and approximately how much it would cost you. Even if you couldn't find the basic info such as price CO2 emissions etc on the fleet site Bill could of advised you what they would be.

Sorry mate but annoying as it is take it on the chin as a learning curve and make sure it doesn't happen to you again by being proactive about your money in future.
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.
« Reply #45 on: 27 March 2011, 07:17: PM »
First lawn mow of the year today. Let the regular summer jobs commence!

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #46 on: 27 March 2011, 07:59: PM »
i'm just putting the guinea pigs on the lawn and letting them eat it.....
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #47 on: 27 March 2011, 08:07: PM »
My hand went again - and I dropped my smegging iPad on my broken foot..... When I had my shoes and not my cast on :(

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #48 on: 28 March 2011, 01:29: PM »
So it seems like it was the software that came with my blu-ray drive that was stoping the lightscribe working properly (It wouldn't burn more than a 1inch strip of the label) - I downloaded software from the lightsctibe site and it seems ok now.

I also had to install windvd as blu ray playback on cyberlink power dvd was crap when it worked at all.  Avatar wouldn't even play for exanple.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #49 on: 28 March 2011, 02:06: PM »
ounds more like a good day rather than a moan lol

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #50 on: 28 March 2011, 02:17: PM »
Not really, the point is I shouldn't have to piss about finding software to do stuff like that.  The software that came with the drive should do it but it doesn't.

So that's why I'm moaning about it :)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #51 on: 28 March 2011, 02:59: PM »
Now that was a moan ;)

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #52 on: 28 March 2011, 03:01: PM »
I don't like to moan too much.... It is turning me into a nasty person..... Oh wait a moment, too late ;)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #53 on: 28 March 2011, 03:08: PM »
I refuse to pass any further comment lol

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #54 on: 28 March 2011, 03:17: PM »
Tart :)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #55 on: 28 March 2011, 05:05: PM »
Moan, the amount of blops servers with BS rules, no running or walking, crouch only, shoot only down sights...BS BS BS

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #56 on: 28 March 2011, 10:43: PM »
Moan, the amount of blops servers with BS rules, no running or walking, crouch only, shoot only down sights...BS BS BS

Crouch has to be the most anal rule I have seen on any server, Went on one to see what it's all about and got told off because I stood up :(. Bunch of idiots

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #57 on: 28 March 2011, 11:12: PM »

Crouch has to be the most anal rule I have seen on any server, Went on one to see what it's all about and got told off because I stood up :(. Bunch of idiots

That's my point, they make the game as 'real' as possible, then the idiots impose stupid rules...................... plicks :D

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #58 on: 29 March 2011, 07:50: AM »
Grrr Scan, just sent me a email saying the fans that I have orderd are not in stock but there website is still saying they are supposed to get mine today guess that delivery won't be coming.

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.
« Reply #59 on: 29 March 2011, 08:13: AM »
Spent a few hours in A&E last night. Older boy had a meningitis type rash so wanted to make sure.

Seems like a normal viral infection and it's subsided today, but worth the wait checking it out last night.