naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.  (Read 146336 times)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
Re: Pet Moans and Hates : The Next Generation.
« Reply #2920 on: 12 September 2017, 10:54: PM »
Could be interesting, have fun :D

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #2921 on: 24 September 2017, 08:22: PM »
My lads U10 football team getting beat 11-0 today   :doh:

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #2922 on: 25 September 2017, 01:00: PM »
 :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #2923 on: 13 October 2017, 04:32: PM »
RichardCoulter is a grease stain of tof the highest order, just saying.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #2924 on: 27 October 2017, 09:48: AM »
Virgin Media is broken, and was offline last night :(

For a communications company they are really crap.
I have a complete TV and broadband outage
automated phone message "sorry you have an "intermitted" fault, it's a complex issue"
online service status, specifically for my account "normal service"

Phoned this morning getting through to some overseas bod.  Apparently there are a lot of customers affected.  A cable has been damaged somewhere?  Apparently it will take until next Wednesday to fix :eek:
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #2925 on: 27 October 2017, 10:11: AM »
That's not good :( but I'm fortunate in that 99.99%  of the time my connection is solid, I know that doesn't help you, sorry :(

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #2926 on: 27 October 2017, 10:21: AM »
I can understand the temporary outage that takes a couple of hours for something to get reset.  This would be the first big multi day outage in some 20 years of cable services.  But these days internet is far more important than phone.  If TV was down, you could stream via the internet, and at least keep yourself entertained.  If broadband was out, then TV might have kept amused. And now that analogue TV is off, I can't even plug a TV into an aerial to watch basic stuff :cry:

I'm going to be in danger of having to do some DIY  :aargh:

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2927 on: 27 October 2017, 11:31: AM »
I can understand the temporary outage that takes a couple of hours for something to get reset.  This would be the first big multi day outage in some 20 years of cable services.  But these days internet is far more important than phone.  If TV was down, you could stream via the internet, and at least keep yourself entertained.  If broadband was out, then TV might have kept amused. And now that analogue TV is off, I can't even plug a TV into an aerial to watch basic stuff :cry:

How old is your TV MGP?
Most have a DVB Freeview tuner built-in these days.....
I'm guessing you have no roof aerial?

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #2928 on: 27 October 2017, 12:11: PM »

It's NEVER that bad, you know what happens when you start something  :angel:  :lol:  :o

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #2929 on: 27 October 2017, 12:29: PM »

How old is your TV MGP?
Most have a DVB Freeview tuner built-in these days.....
I'm guessing you have no roof aerial?

There is an aerial, but I haven't used it for years.  When I painted the front of the house, the cable had virtually shredded, so I expect it to be useless.  TV(s) don't have freeview tuners, so I'd have to fork out for a set top box with no guarantee it would get a signal.

Still this might allow me time to see some of the stuff I've "acquired" but never got round to watching.  Or perhaps I go on a boxset binge - Game of Thrones from the beginning, or Battlestar Galactica come to mind.

It's NEVER that bad, you know what happens when you start something  :angel:  :lol:  :o
DIY in my case means Destroy It Yourself.  Believe it or not the front of my house almost looks decent as I did start and finish that in Spring.  But since then I've trashed (and that is an understatement) the rear garden.  Looks like a giant mole has hit it with all the trenches for drains and stuff as it seemed like a good idea to enlarge the pond, add that to the front bedroom that isn't much different from when you helped with the plasterboard fixing all those years ago, the kitchen ceiling that is now damaged from the leaking bathroom .....

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2930 on: 27 October 2017, 12:47: PM »
TV(s) don't have freeview tuners, so I'd have to fork out for a set top box with no guarantee it would get a signal.

Are you sure about that MGP? All the TVs I've bought in the last few years (4 in total) have freeview tuners built-in ???
Kinda moot if your aerial cable is no good though.....  :(

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #2931 on: 27 October 2017, 01:53: PM »
Yep I'm sure.  One of the TV's must be 15 years old by now, flatscreen big LED Tvs were a new thing in those days the other, albeit newer must still be 5+ years old now, and being a cheapskate I wouldn't have gone for freeview type tuners if there were alternatives, knowing I'd be plugging into VM or simialr STBs.

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #2932 on: 27 October 2017, 05:45: PM »
Well that's you fucked then  :doh:
Boxsets it is!  :tu:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2933 on: 27 October 2017, 06:45: PM »
could be brave mgp and try some diy or at least try to make the house stable again :O as  :pcno: and  :tv: are out of the question for you :P

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2934 on: 28 October 2017, 09:18: AM »
Yep I'm sure.  One of the TV's must be 15 years old by now, flatscreen big LED Tvs were a new thing in those days the other, albeit newer must still be 5+ years old now, and being a cheapskate I wouldn't have gone for freeview type tuners if there were alternatives, knowing I'd be plugging into VM or simialr STBs.

Fair enough, as Rammy said, boxsets it is, and offline SP gaming. It's a bit cheeky of Virgin IMO, going so many days with an outage and you do pay a reasonable amount for the service....