naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: A Ramrod LAN  (Read 2599 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
A Ramrod LAN
« on: 13 November 2016, 09:53: AM »
It’s been some time since we last held a [NTHW] LAN.  Ramrod was the brave man to let us abuse his hospitality.

We must acknowledge Rammy’s wife who took one look at us and ran away letting us get on with it all.  More impressively she later returned and sought sanctuary in her bedroom, never to be seen again :).  Thanks.

The LAN was quite well attended with some 14 of us cramming into one smallish room, of only about 8m x 3m.  It proved quite warm (that number of gaming PCs going flat out, plus bodies generates a lot of heat).  But worse were the smells.  The poor diet of junk food snacks at a LAN really is not a good recipe for people’s insides :erm:

We were pleased to initiate three LAN virgins, Lex8P, seriousjoker20, and Klinsman.  Klins had finally been persuaded to venture across that stretch of water called the Irish Sea.  He probably sets the new record for the distance to get to a LAN.  But that could be a close run thing.  The distances clocked up by many were excessive.  Spanner arrived in Kent from Hampshire via Luton Airport and Lincolnshire, something to do with an au-pair.  Meanwhile MovedGoalPosts had started his travels from Surrey the weekend before dropping  the network kit and tables to Rammy, before then taking a train to Warrington on the Thursday evening before driving the mob in their bus down to Kent, on the Friday, only to reverse that process on the Sunday  :tired:

Game of the weekend was undoubtedly Battlefield 1, for those who had it, but Klins and MGP could not be persuaded to part with their cash.  So there was a fair bit of Battlefield 4, whilst many seem fascinated with the Dinosaurs of Ark.

We might have to work on the catering arrangements for and future LAN.  Our host didn’t even have any bacon and eggs in the house so we all traipsed to the local Weatherspoons.  The local Chinese takeaway did a brisk trade, but many don’t recommend the kebab shop.

We didn’t seem to suffer any major computer failures.  Only Pabs87 had the covers off his case for any length of time as some fans weren’t turning.  But it also appears that our enthusiasm for the LAN pastime of leeching from each other is fading with so much now easily available on line?

Here’s looking forward to our next LAN.  Bop who unfortunately couldn’t do this one is threatening to be the next host.

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
Re: A Ramrod LAN
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2016, 12:45: PM »
I got home first!  :D
It was great seeing everyone.
Special kudos to Klins and his sidekick for coming all this way and to MGP for the epic journeys that he had to make to enable this weekend to go ahead!  :notworthy:
Dilli, Bop, Squeak etc were sorely missed  :(
Oh, another mention for MGP for supplying the whisky to toast Stu  :tu:
The house is slowly getting back to normal now :D

Bop, get some dates & a poll up for next year. Do it whilst your familt is experiencing peak guilt!  :D
« Last Edit: 13 November 2016, 04:44: PM by Ramrod »
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2016, 02:02: PM »
Many thanks to the Krumins for allowing us to invade your home for the weekend, tremendous time!

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2016, 03:46: PM »
Ah home sweet home. Thanks for having us rammy had a great time at the lan hope that you have recovered and the house it sorted again

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2016, 03:50: PM »
House is sorted  :tu:

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2016, 05:39: PM »
nearly thought we did have a casualty from this lan.... took an hour to get my pc booting up again, had to reseat everything :( :O scary moment.

Offline Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2016, 06:18: PM »
Finally home now :D
Thanks for a great time everyone and thank you all so much for all chipping in and getting me BF1  :tu: you are all legends :D :notworthy:

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2016, 06:19: PM »
Arrived home at 5PM.
Had a bit of a scary moment as I got to the junction from A21 to M25 - engine warning light telling me there was a temperature problem and to stop the car, and the engine temp indicator swung up to the red zone.  Pulled over, opened the bonnet and found a load of wet leaves in there. The enggine compartment was not hot (slightly warm), so cleared out the leeaves and decided to try to "limp" to the services 6 miles up the road. Anyway, started up the engine, moved off, and by the time I got onto the M25 (about a mile), the engine fault cleared, and I just carried on.

Anyway, a big thanks to Rammy & family for hosting, and to everyone who attended - good to see you all again, and those I had not met before.

Looking forward to the next one  :tu:

BTW, Rammy, I was not a hedgehog this weekend :D

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 13 November 2016, 06:34: PM »
nearly thought we did have a casualty from this lan.... took an hour to get my pc booting up again, had to reseat everything :( :O scary moment.
Phew! Next time make sure everything is properly embedded in the first place! :D

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2016, 06:35: PM »
Finally home now :D
Thanks for a great time everyone and thank you all so much for all chipping in and getting me BF1  :tu: you are all legends :D :notworthy:
Happy to be of service :)

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2016, 06:37: PM »
BTW, Rammy, I was not a hedgehog this weekend :D
:tu: :D

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #11 on: 13 November 2016, 06:39: PM »
Phew! Next time make sure everything is properly embedded in the first place! :D

Think something got dislodged on the drive don't know what as when I booted up display want going on so thought balls gpu dead plugged into the onboard same thing so took memory out and started the process of testing all and it is happy again

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #12 on: 13 November 2016, 06:42: PM »

Think something got dislodged on the drive don't know what as when I booted up display want going on so thought balls gpu dead plugged into the onboard same thing so took memory out and started the process of testing all and it is happy again
Same problem when I put Samanthas PC back together this afternoon.......and it hadn't gone anywhere!  :D

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #13 on: 13 November 2016, 07:00: PM »
Home Showered and set up so life is good, thanks for an awesome weekend everyone thanks rammy for putting up with all are smelly backsides.

i don't know what it is about your neck of the woods but they can't cook chips for shit, plus getting started on the the kebab shop by the member of staff was quite funny as he was the one who fucked up.

really enjoyed the games even battlefield 4 (i fell so dirty for saying that i am going for another shower).

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #14 on: 13 November 2016, 07:10: PM »
Warrington mob Noe safely abandoned at their homes and about to start the return trip home.  I must have been drunk when I said I'd do this,especially as I don't recall even being asked.

Had a great time even without BF1 ;)  thanks again to all the Krummins family for putting up with us.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2016, 07:50: PM »
Did you make the 720 train mgp

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #16 on: 13 November 2016, 08:00: PM »
Warrington mob Noe safely abandoned at their homes and about to start the return trip home.  I must have been drunk when I said I'd do this,especially as I don't recall even being asked.

Had a great time even without BF1 ;)  thanks again to all the Krummins family for putting up with us.
;D

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #17 on: 13 November 2016, 08:06: PM »
Thanks Rammy for hosting another excellent LAN :tu:
Good to meet everyone again as well as the new Lanners!
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....

Offline Lex8P

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #18 on: 13 November 2016, 09:28: PM »
Cheers Rammy for hosting us smelly bastards. Brilliant LAN. Great meeting you all.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #19 on: 13 November 2016, 10:01: PM »
Did you make the 720 train mgp
yes with about 20 mins to spare.  In fact I'm now on the train from Waterloo that will take almost as long to do 30 miles as it took to get from Warrington to Euston
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı