naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Our Northern LAN  (Read 284 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
Our Northern LAN
« on: 14 May 2017, 10:06: AM »
[NTHW] have held a Northern LAN.  Many of our softie southerner’s almost got a nosebleed from venturing so far into foreign territory.

This was a compact LAN with only 7 clanners in attendance.  In turn that was quite spacious.  No sitting on each other during the day, and competing for shrinking floor space when crashing out for that few hours of shut eye.

Bop, having missed the previous LAN, threw open his living room.  His partner made the wise move to run away on an all inclusive bargain holiday.  She probably had the better deal.

Our LANs are becoming more about the social meet up gluttony and liver abuse, than gaming.  We did manage a bit of BF, BF4 and CoD4, but it seemed that most spent time seeking out rather dodgy videos of people doing really stupid things or partaking in eating competitions.  Worst highlight seemed to be some bloke who had two monkeys jump on his head and start humping each other :naughty: It must have been the booze :shrug:

Catering proved an interesting experience.  A few were introduced to the local “delicacy”, parmo.  This turned out to be an artery clogging sort of pizza sized flattened breaded coated chicken buried in béchamel sauce and cheese.  An all you can eat breakfast for and unlimited coffee for only £5.29 at the local pub showed the difference in cost of living up here, and even that the local takeaways would deliver with only a single dish was a surprise.  Somehow we still found space in our bloated stomachs for Bops Sunday morning fry up to send us on our way.  The diet starts tonight.

We look forward to our next gathering when maybe a few more clanners will attend.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
Re: Our Northern LAN
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2017, 01:06: PM »
Well it was good seeing people again, some good games and some not so good as the booze took effect :D a bit of leeching and a lot of eating, all gone now, the house is almost back in order.

« Last Edit: 14 May 2017, 02:42: PM by bopdude »

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2017, 02:30: PM »
Got at my brother in laws fine in just over 2 hours part 1 of the journey.

Bop thanks for hosting was a lot of fun and good to see you lot

Online Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2017, 04:22: PM »
Happy to hear you all had a great time :) hopefully I will be able to make the next one

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2017, 04:50: PM »
Got home 20 minutes ago.
Excellent seeing everyone again. Big shame that our Warrington mob couldn't make it as well as all our other clanners, especially Dilli!
Thanks for hosting it Bop. It was a very good LAN  :notworthy:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2017, 04:57: PM »
Pleased people are checking in, nice to see you home safe, it was a good LAN even if numbers were smaller than normal, size doesn't matter it's the beer you consume :D :D

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2017, 05:43: PM »
Home, and everything is now packed away in it's little cubby holes until next time.

Thanks very much for hosting Bop.  An interesting weekend as always even if I almost needed to find my passport for venturing so far.  :tu:

Now the hard work must start on the diet.  It's a sad state of affairs when you can't fit into your trousers for the journey home.  OK so they were a bit too tight before the LAN, but that's not really an excuse. :erm:
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2017, 07:56: PM »
Cheers for an excellent lan Bop, good fun, good games, good food & booze!
Great to meet those that attended again :tu:
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2017, 12:59: PM »
I found it to be a very relaxing LAN :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2017, 01:16: PM »
It was, I'm still relaxing now, shattered :D

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2017, 01:40: PM »
I found it to be a very relaxing LAN :)

Yep, very chilled-out.

I am still digesting that parmo - most impressed with that  :tu:, definitely going to try cooking one of those for myself  :dinner: