naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: future game's and there graphics engine's  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: future game's and there graphics engine's
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2011, 09:52: AM »
Well the video look's like it is from Duex Ex 3, but the issue is while it is good that these engines are being made and games made using them the issue is that people will need a high power pc to get those sort of graphic's.

The link is from the Crytek tech demo that was shown a few week's ago and it is the engine that is used for the Crysis 2 game, which is why I am looking forward to it as finally I will have a game that actually look's better than Crysis does.

But until the consoles get new hardware we are going to be stuck with crap games that can't really use these engines fully, and also until the new graphic's card's using PCI-E 3.0.

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2011, 01:05: PM »
when is that game out i want it

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2011, 01:37: PM »
when is that game out i want it

Crysis 2 is on the 25th March.

Duex Ex 3 I am not sure when it is released but as I said above I don't know if that video is from Duex Ex 3 or not.

The issue is games will not look like the video because that would mean that developers have to develop for the pc, and they just won't do it and you can thank Bill Gates for that because of the amount he want's for the API license's that are required to develop for the pc.

Offline zingle

« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2011, 06:10: PM »
The Unreal 3 Engine which is still in use with a lot a console games and the PC is still quite powerful.

I hope the new Crytek 2 engine will perform well but not to resource hungry. DX11 has not really been expored well yet . I noticed a huge difference in Dragon Age II with the hi res textures installed. Good use of DX 11 I feel can make a huge difference to game without needing a 300 quid plus card and 500 quid cpu mobo and ram bundle to play them. Only a few gamers will pay the price needed for all the bells full blast hopefully Crytek have taken this into consideration and many more people can enjoy the game :)

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2011, 06:57: PM »
i love dragon age 2 Zingle it is a good game not as good as the the first but very good, the thing is i have a dx11 card and have everything on the game set to max but i still think they could have done a better job with the graphics, the only time they are any good and look like dx11 graphics is on a cut scene, if you take a look at isabella's neckeless while your in game and it looks like dx9 graphics.

Offline zingle

« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2011, 07:43: PM »
have you installed the hi res texture pack?

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2011, 08:46: PM »
i noticed that hi res pac about 10 mins after i posted lol just downloading it now