naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Origins  (Read 635 times)

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: Assassin's Creed Origins
« Reply #20 on: 10 February 2018, 12:51: PM »
Got to say I am not impressed, and the graphics other than the draw distance are not impressive or atleast not sufficiently good enough to be using of the 100% CPU although most of that is down to the, caveman DRM. 100% of the GPU and nearly 25GB of ram.

I'm looking at new render settings for the future as YouTube is still killing the video quality.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2018, 01:04: PM by damien c »

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #21 on: 10 February 2018, 04:21: PM »
Something must be wrong with your PC. Coz mine uses no way near what yours does and the graphics in this game are amazing the only game i would say is better is battlefront but that is no way near as big.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #22 on: 10 February 2018, 06:46: PM »
Nothing to do with my pc it's the DRM, google it, it's stupidly resource hungry which is why 1080Ti's stuggle with the game.

You need a 10 core cpu if you want to play with the DRM on.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2018, 09:27: AM »
Nothing to do with my pc it's the DRM, google it, it's stupidly resource hungry which is why 1080Ti's stuggle with the game.

The secondary DRM (VMProtect) is the likely problem, if your CPU chipset does not support hardware virtualisation, then it's going to tank, no matter how many cores you have.

The game is currently 33% off on Steam, I've gone ahead and bought it. My CPU chipset does support hardware virtualisation, so I will test it out and report back.

For reference I have an i7-6700K @ 4GHz, 32GB RAM and GTX-980 (Desktop 8GB VRAM)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2018, 01:10: PM »

The secondary DRM (VMProtect) is the likely problem, if your CPU chipset does not support hardware virtualisation, then it's going to tank, no matter how many cores you have.

The game is currently 33% off on Steam, I've gone ahead and bought it. My CPU chipset does support hardware virtualisation, so I will test it out and report back.

For reference I have an i7-6700K @ 4GHz, 32GB RAM and GTX-980 (Desktop 8GB VRAM)

CPU hovered around 70%, GPU at 85% got between 50 and 60 FPS. 1920x1080 settings on medium-high.
Also had a nightmare getting it to run first time. Stupid fix is to run both steam and uplay "as administrator" for first time run of the game.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #25 on: 16 February 2018, 02:54: PM »
Can't believe that Damien would have a PC that didn't support hardware virtualisation. The same couldn't be said for Ramrod, who hasn't posted a humungous upgrade thread in so many years that his PC must now be a museum piece :P  But is the virtualisation enabled in the BIOS?
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2018, 03:51: PM »
I was getting 100% spikes in CPU and GPU, usually during a transition between game & cutscene.
But when playing, it seemed OK, CPU and GPU comparable to Star Wars Battlefront 2. Mind you, I only gave it a quick 5 minute test, perhaps it degrades with time...

Again, I'll report back if I find any problems.