naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Win 10 update nightmare  (Read 181 times)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
Win 10 update nightmare
« on: 17 May 2018, 05:03: PM »
D/led the updates and as well as a lot of intrusive stuff it's fubar a lot of my settings, TS keeps cutting out, audio devices not found / used, brightness and more ffs, do I roll it back ?

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Re: Win 10 update nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2018, 07:14: PM »
Is this a monthly patch, or is this effectively the service pack 6 monthly "new" version?
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2018, 07:54: PM »
No idea, it took forever to install and the amount of privacy it wanted to report back is ridiculous, so I tried turning as much off as I could only to be met with problems with stuff, big brother is not only watching but listening as well :(

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2018, 08:53: PM »
Ah that will be the six monthly feature update service pack thingy rather than just a security patch.  But windows is getting more intrusive every update.  Microsoft and Privacy are alien concepts :(

But if you are having problems, particularly if a lot of your hardware is a bit older, you might need to see if there are specific drivers for your kit anywhere rather than generic Microsoft crap.  Of course even manufacturer stuff can be broke, one of the very recent nvida drivers was notoriously bad.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2018, 11:22: PM »
It 'seems' to be settling in ?

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2018, 02:20: PM »
All it fecked up on my system is that it switched the " & @ around and I can't figure out where the setting is to swap them back :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2018, 02:55: PM »
All it fecked up on my system is that it switched the " & @ around and I can't figure out where the setting is to swap them back :(

LOL, it did the same with me, it's set to US keyboard instead of UK English, next to the clock in systray you'll have ENG, left click on that to change it :)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2018, 03:43: PM »

LOL, it did the same with me, it's set to US keyboard instead of UK English, next to the clock in systray you'll have ENG, left click on that to change it :)

<<< Waits for someone to ask where the systray is   :rtfm:  :P

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2018, 03:49: PM »

<<< Waits for someone to ask where the systray is   :rtfm:  :P

;D

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2018, 07:02: PM »
Thanks Bop
................*ignores MGP*  :voodoo:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2018, 06:15: AM »
Trust me you would be best doing a fresh install using the latest build of Windows 10.

Then turn off all the "Talk Back" stuff and download the Spybot Anti-Beacon and run it.

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Make sure though to download ethernet drivers before and put them on a pen drive and disconnect your other hard drives, because even though it should put the boot manager on the correct drive, I saw with mine it put it on the wrong drive and had to do another install 2 days later because the boot manager was on the wrong drive and couldn't switch it.

Bop if you want I am off work next week, so I can take a trip to you with this cooler and come help get your pc running nicely, just let me know or if you want you can come here :)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2018, 05:21: PM »
Sorry Damien, forgot to reply to this, gonna have to pass again for now, we will get it sorted sooner or later lmao thanks though :tu: