naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: NTHW's BattleField 3 Servers  (Read 7300 times)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
NTHW's BattleField 3 Servers
« on: 25 April 2012, 07:18: PM »
We've been playing Conquest on our 64 slot server since the game came out.  There have been a number of requests for a different game type.  So now, barring MGP moments, it is time to try a Rush Map rotation.  Initially all original and Karkand maps will be running.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
Re: NTHW's BattleField 3 Servers
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2012, 07:58: PM »
We've been playing Conquest on our 64 slot server since the game came out.  There have been a number of requests for a different game type.  So now, barring MGP moments, it is time to try a Rush Map rotation.  Initially all original and Karkand maps will be running.

Excellent

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2012, 08:27: PM »
Nice one! :tu:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2012, 11:19: AM »
hmm, not sure about Rush as a game mode, but we need to give it a bit more time yet.  As I see it rush doesn't work with only a few players.  It's too easy for the defenders to take up strategic positions and camp, whilst the attackers have no choice but to move forward and in doing so give themselves away.  With greater numbers of players I suspect it becomes easier for an attacker to be missed or simply for numbers to overwhelm if the attackers get their act together and move as a larger group.  Plus squad play should come into things too if squads develop a good range of weaponry and skills, which is something we as a clan don't do very well.

The question is therefore, how can we attract more players to our servers so in turn we have more people to shoot?

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2012, 11:52: AM »
hmm, not sure about Rush as a game mode, but we need to give it a bit more time yet.  As I see it rush doesn't work with only a few players.  It's too easy for the defenders to take up strategic positions and camp, whilst the attackers have no choice but to move forward and in doing so give themselves away.  With greater numbers of players I suspect it becomes easier for an attacker to be missed or simply for numbers to overwhelm if the attackers get their act together and move as a larger group.  Plus squad play should come into things too if squads develop a good range of weaponry and skills, which is something we as a clan don't do very well.

The question is therefore, how can we attract more players to our servers so in turn we have more people to shoot?

I made my suggestion last night  ;)

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2012, 11:59: AM »

Did You?  I can't have heard it properly over all that crackling from your dodgy mike :(

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2012, 12:22: PM »

Did You?  I can't have heard it properly over all that crackling from your dodgy mike :(

I said we need a mod to put naked women in the game ;)

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2012, 12:25: PM »
Well Squeaks a bit of a girl..... :)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2012, 12:32: PM »
I said we need a mod to put naked women in the game ;)

Ah yes now I remember.  Perhaps Scary should design a new website banner then  :-X

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] In Memoriam
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2012, 12:47: PM »
Boobies?

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2012, 03:13: PM »

Offline Stu038

• [NTHW] In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2012, 06:45: PM »
As I see it rush doesn't work with only a few players.  It's too easy for the defenders to take up strategic positions and camp, whilst the attackers have no choice but to move forward and in doing so give themselves away. 

I disagree.  Believe it or not the odds are actually in your favour, you get 90 odd chances to sneak up on the opponent, they have to be right every time.

The other night when non of you lot were around I played 1v1 rush on Metro it took best part of an hour but as attacker I won.

For the first bomb the defender doesnt know which site your going to go to so they have to keep both sites covered. Becuase they don't know where you are not only do they have to keep moving because the games cleverly won't allow you to cover both sites from one camping spot, but you start second guessing yourself and become impatient.

As the attacker if you do the sneaking right then the defender is dead, you've set the bomb and its detonated by the time they can get back, and even then, if the timer is set for too long the odds are in the attackers favour because the defender is under pressure to get in and defuse yet they can't come rushing in as they need to but have to sneak.

The second bomb is more challenging but if you know the maps then there's only certain places where you can camp unseen, so again sneaking nicely in sorts it.

Couldn't be further from running and gunning if it had been planned that way ;) Folks don't appreciate how clever the maps actually are or how subtle the changes are to them for each game type, in somecases its as little as the addition of a crate to make a blind spot.
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #12 on: 27 April 2012, 11:05: PM »
After tonight's annihilation my opinion is Rush might be a good gametype, but it's not my cup of tea.  Sides need to be balanced with skills and weaponry.  That is far more obvious than with Conquest.  Conquest gives attackers potentially 5 places to get to, where Rush only has 2 and if they are lucky enough to get 1 of those then all attention is focused.  If one team's skills, player ability weaponry and tactics are superior they will walk all over the other team.  I accept that in real war that is the case, but here we do play for fun.  I don't know what the answer is, but for me, Rush mode doesn't work.

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2012, 08:20: AM »
After tonight's annihilation my opinion is Rush might be a good gametype, but it's not my cup of tea.  Sides need to be balanced with skills and weaponry.  That is far more obvious than with Conquest.  Conquest gives attackers potentially 5 places to get to, where Rush only has 2 and if they are lucky enough to get 1 of those then all attention is focused.  If one team's skills, player ability weaponry and tactics are superior they will walk all over the other team.  I accept that in real war that is the case, but here we do play for fun.  I don't know what the answer is, but for me, Rush mode doesn't work.

What game types are there on the server and which ones have we not played on it yet ??

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2012, 08:42: AM »
Yeah, what else can we try?

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2012, 09:35: AM »
Have you tried Squad Death Match?

Looks like it may be suitable for quieter/less busy evenings?

Or should the n00b shut up? :)

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2012, 10:25: AM »
Not at all m8, you keep going :tu:

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2012, 10:39: AM »
I like the chaos of free-for-all style games and tend to do better in these than in TDM - and this SQDM looks like the nearest equivalent in BF3.

It may fuck your k/d but it's fast and furious and unpredictable.

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2012, 10:41: AM »
Yeah change the tdm to sdm as that means all should be able to get the sa80

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2012, 10:42: AM »
If we played Squad deathmatch we would have to enforce the random rule or we will for ever have a team with the usual 4 in it which means if we dont then its a waste of time trying it.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2012, 11:46: AM by Bill C »