naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Wierd Teamspeak Issues  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
Wierd Teamspeak Issues
« on: 18 September 2012, 08:46: AM »
So last night, some of you were getting feedback or echoing through my Teamspeak connection.

I disconnected and reconnected, and no voice was getting through to you guys (but I could still hear you), so I disconnected and reconnected again, and the echoing was gone and I could talk to you all again.

This happened when either Shepard or Rammy joined the channel.

Anyone else get such problems with TS - I know we have had echoing issues before.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Re: Wierd Teamspeak Issues
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2012, 09:42: AM »
Echoing often happens if someone has left their mike on too high a sensitivity and it's close to speakers, or if you use a headset when that is taken off and left on a table whilst the user goes awol.  Anything else suggests something screwy on the client computer.  Given your crashing problems at the moment which you have narrowed down to happening when TS is running, then I'd be looking at your won setup?
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2012, 10:04: AM »
Echoing often happens if someone has left their mike on too high a sensitivity and it's close to speakers, or if you use a headset when that is taken off and left on a table whilst the user goes awol.  Anything else suggests something screwy on the client computer.  Given your crashing problems at the moment which you have narrowed down to happening when TS is running, then I'd be looking at your won setup?

Perhaps I need to re-install TS, considering it seems to be screwing with BF3 as well - I'll give that a try before anything else.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2012, 09:02: AM »
Seems this is down to my dodgy home internet connection.

TS does not seem to like connection drop-outs and does not automatically reconnect properly.

Solution - restart teamspeak client when having an issue.