naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Engame on NTHW  (Read 3288 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
Battlefield 3 Engame on NTHW
« on: 12 March 2013, 01:54: PM »
NTHellWorld have added the Endgame Expansion pack maps to our game server array.  Endgame is the final group of maps in the series of 5 expansion packs created for this game.

Endgame brings four maps, one for each season of the year:  Operation Riverside is autumnal, with a river flowing through it's axis and a central power station feature and is thought by DICE to be "infantry friendly".  Nebandan Flats is intended for most vehicles with an expanse of an arid desert dotted with wind generators, and a warehouse that conceals a weapons and munitions depot.  Kiasar Railroad has a summery setting, in an undulating landscape offering plenty of cover, with a logging industry disguising covert weapon deliveries by rail.  The wintry Sabalan Pipeline mixes both infantry and vehicles with a central controlling base around an oil pipeline.

Endgame introduces two new game types to Battlefield 3, Capture the Flag, and Air Superiority.  Initially we will devote a 32 player server to Capture the Flag, whilst our other 48 slot server will play the ever popular Conquest, and our remaining 32 slot server will normally offer TeamDeathMatch rotations.  Whilst a few of our clan like to fly, many don't so Air Superiority will probably not feature much.  Our servers will remain in hardcore modes, and as ever stream to Pbbans with punkbuster for cheat detection.

The Endgame Expansion is, for the next fortnight, only available to Battlefield's Premium subscribers.  The majority of our clan are Premium users so it seems appropriate to devote our servers to this.  In the event that a on premium clan member wishes to play our Warzone server can be reset to a rotation of the original maps.  No doubt once the initial interest in Endgame dies down some of our servers will be set to a mix of maps and gametypes that enjoyed popularity throughout the Battlefield 3 series.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Battlefield 3 Engame on NTHW
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2013, 02:04: PM »
Nice one MGP.
Hopefully on a bit later to get fragged :D

Offline Klinsman

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2013, 04:22: PM »
Loving the dirt bike.

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2013, 03:30: PM »
To me, the dirt bike is the only feature i like about this expansion, the maps, particularly on tdm are too cluttered for my taste, you spend more time moving around/over obstacles than looking out for enemies, and as for capture the flag, i just plain don't like it, i thought it would be decent but its a game type designed for camping and the occaisional raid. the flag is too easily defended by mines and c4 (and viper). for me the best out of the lot was close quarters. those maps are sick yo! (i'm practicing my street lingo) but yeah, not a winner for me.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2013, 06:43: PM »
The biggest issue I have with CTF, is the same one I had with CTF in CoD.  If you do manage to grab the enemy flag, and meantime the enemgy grab your team's flag, you are them somewhat stuffed.  You hide back in your team's area and can only wait and hope that your team manages to get your own flag back before someone hunts you down.  It can get rather tedious, especially in a map that offers a bit of cover.

The TDM versions of the maps aren't really bringing anything new to BF3, and seem excessively strewn with containers.  In many respects they are more closer combat than sniper based which is a good thing.

Air Superiority could be set anywhere.  The ground terrain is largely irrelevant.  On a busy server the gametype works well, even for novices as there are so many aircraft it becomes a target rich environment.  Yes you will die, but you've got some chance of getting someone else too, much more than in traditional conquest where one godd pilot becomes invincible.

The real shame is creating the two game modes as the last expansion pack so there are only 4 maps.  For those who like the game modes, the lakc of maps will get boring.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2013, 07:59: PM »
The biggest issue I have with CTF, is the same one I had with CTF in CoD.  If you do manage to grab the enemy flag, and meantime the enemgy grab your team's flag, you are them somewhat stuffed.  You hide back in your team's area and can only wait and hope that your team manages to get your own flag back before someone hunts you down.  It can get rather tedious, especially in a map that offers a bit of cover.

The TDM versions of the maps aren't really bringing anything new to BF3, and seem excessively strewn with containers.  In many respects they are more closer combat than sniper based which is a good thing.

Air Superiority could be set anywhere.  The ground terrain is largely irrelevant.  On a busy server the gametype works well, even for novices as there are so many aircraft it becomes a target rich environment.  Yes you will die, but you've got some chance of getting someone else too, much more than in traditional conquest where one godd pilot becomes invincible.

The real shame is creating the two game modes as the last expansion pack so there are only 4 maps.  For those who like the game modes, the lakc of maps will get boring.

CTF is a fail anyway. As soon as one person pitches a tent overlooking there flag your stuffed.

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline Stu038

• [NTHW] In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2013, 08:10: PM »
CTF is a fail anyway. As soon as one person pitches a tent overlooking there flag your stuffed.

CTF is a game type for teams that are able to co-operate so not really for NTHW :D
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2013, 09:52: PM »
CTF is a game type for teams that are able to co-operate so not really for NTHW :D

What is this "T" word you seem to keep mentioning?

Offline Squeak

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2013, 04:55: PM »

Tesicles?

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2013, 07:55: PM »
I like CTF & all the new maps :shrug:  :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #10 on: 18 March 2013, 08:11: AM »
i like the new maps and dont mind ctf that much...

what i do hope is that dice puts the dirt bike, tank destroyer and new anti air vehicles on the other maps as well

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] In Memoriam
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2013, 09:24: AM »
I had great fun last night - but what I enjoyed most was riding on the back of Rammy's bike and letting loose with my rpg :)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2013, 09:40: AM »
Not played CTF yet (or Air Superiority), but enjoying TDM & Conquest on the new maps. The dirt bike is fun, and the new AA vehicles. Also nice to see the IFVs getting more use.

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2013, 12:36: PM »
Not played CTF yet (or Air Superiority), but enjoying TDM & Conquest on the new maps. The dirt bike is fun, and the new AA vehicles. Also nice to see the IFVs getting more use.

CTF is good fun, just need to avoid campers at the flags. As MGP has already said, if both camps have each others flags, then you need to hide, and rely on your team mates to return your flag. (make sure you hide somewhere with a good view of surroundings because someone will be looking for you...)

Air Superiority is good, as there are lots of targets flying around, so (slightly) less chance of being shot down all the time. Also good that you spawn already in the air, so you can't get shot down on take off, and also you can't eject so you should always get the kill.

Dirt bikes are great, especially with a bit of C4 ;)
(would love to take out a heil by jumping a bike with C4 as a heli flies past...)
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2013, 12:54: PM »
Dirt bikes are great, especially with a bit of C4 ;)
(would love to take out a heil by jumping a bike with C4 as a heli flies past...)

Expect a lot of expletives if you were to ever do that, and a lot of accusations of Kougar behaviour :nono:

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2013, 12:55: PM »

Tesicles?

Wasn't he king of Athens back in ancient times? :D

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2013, 12:55: PM »

Mortars....

Offline Klinsman

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2013, 01:00: PM »

Mortars....

Smoke works for me. ;)