naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: No Battlefield 4 Server for NTHWgaming  (Read 2016 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
No Battlefield 4 Server for NTHWgaming
« on: 24 October 2013, 04:26: PM »
It now looks certain that NTHellWorld will not have a Battlefield 4 server at next week's game launch.

Although initial projected take up within [NTHW] of BF4 is poor, the key reason for our lack of hosting will be the exclusion of our current host, Gaming Deluxe, from the EA/DICE BF4 GSP list, despite their having been a recognised EA/DICE server provider for previous Battlefield, Medal of Honor and other games.  This prevents us running BF4 on our dedicated box. The game also has increased server licensing fees, which further increases costs of renting though another provider.

There has been a stunning lack of response from the EA/DICE people on either the Battlelog forums, or elsewhere, despite numerous posts expressing concern at the limited choices of GSP, and fees involved.  It shows the real lack of regard the developer and publisher have for their gaming community.  We can only hope that when EA/DICE see that their server revenues don't meet projections, it won't be too late for them to reverse the damage to their game.

[NTHW] may reconsider our hosting at some date in the future. Meanwhile the lack of BF4 hosting is already causing a few of us to cast around for other gaming options. We suspect many other gaming communities are in a similar situation. Remember EA/DICE, it is always easier to keep a customer than to find new ones. Many of us gave up on Call of Duty, once the servers for that game were restricted, and eventually stopped, and haven't returned. Will Battlefield go the same way?

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: No Battlefield 4 Server for NTHWgaming
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2013, 04:31: PM »
It is very disappointing that EA/DICE decided to cull GSPs, and that GD are not on the list.
So EA/DICE have lost revenue from NTHW.

Lets hope they see the light and add GD as a provider...

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2013, 05:36: PM »
Maybe we need a final list of those buying or not buying the game. If there is not enough in the clan buying it will create problems on Friday night gaming for starters.

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2013, 05:50: PM »
Maybe we need a final list of those buying or not buying the game. If there is not enough in the clan buying it will create problems on Friday night gaming for starters.
http://www.nthwgaming.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,946.0.html

From that, at least to start with the BF4 players will be in the minority.  Unless those of us who do buy want to do so alone, I suspect we'll still play BF3 on FNG.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2013, 05:59: PM »
Sent it to EA/Dice.

Doubt we will get any sort of response though since they are going the same way as Activision and the Call Of duty gamers with a complete disregard for PC gamers wants and needs, even to the extent of not answering some of the most basic questions.

I am just glad I am not buying the game.

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2013, 06:25: PM »
Sorry Guys - I tried to find the original thread about BF4 (the one with the poll and discussion) but could not find it

I was not overly impressed by the BF4 demo, I did not like the 'feel' of the game I thought the look was too cartoon like - and the stuttering made things almost impossible to play - hopefully that will all change in the final retail version.

I will not be rushing out to buy it on release day, but will what and see what other who have bought the game think.

I am at the moment playing WarThunder and enjoying it flying around shooting things, with controls that even I can master.

IMPz

Offline zingle

« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2013, 11:05: AM »
do not blame you . Fuck them all

Offline zingle

« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2013, 11:09: AM »

Ive also never seen a pc game so expensive at launch either . And the very fact unless you have a mega hi spec pc BF4 will look no better than BF3 you will just have a few different maps. If I was in the clan I would be voicing objections that it even be considered as a clan game

There are still MOHSH clans out there I know one that is only just about to move. Mind you they are a waring clan so that keeps the game alive longer ( although still playing MOH is stretching it lol )

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2013, 12:36: PM »

Ive also never seen a pc game so expensive at launch either . And the very fact unless you have a mega hi spec pc BF4 will look no better than BF3 you will just have a few different maps. If I was in the clan I would be voicing objections that it even be considered as a clan game

There are still MOHSH clans out there I know one that is only just about to move. Mind you they are a waring clan so that keeps the game alive longer ( although still playing MOH is stretching it lol )

Well i am getting it and intend to play it, it will create issues as far as Friday night gaming goes unfortunately

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline Stu038

• [NTHW] In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2013, 03:09: PM »

Well i am getting it and intend to play it, it will create issues as far as Friday night gaming goes unfortunately

Ahh but once Zing slagged it you'd buy it just out of badness  :D I can't remember the two of you ever agreeing on any thing PC related  :-X
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Offline zingle

« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2013, 03:36: PM »

Ahh but once Zing slagged it you'd buy it just out of badness  :D I can't remember the two of you ever agreeing on any thing PC related  :-X

Ive stopped buying games out of principle anyway. The whole ethics issue with this release purely fortifies my views :)

Offline zingle

« Reply #11 on: 25 October 2013, 03:38: PM »

As of course is your perogative  but when I was a member I used to play the COD games even though I preferred MOH to be socialble :)