naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: The 2014/2015 Football Season  (Read 3771 times)

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
The 2014/2015 Football Season
« on: 03 June 2014, 04:54: PM »
New thread for a new season  :)

Any 'very' early predictions?

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: The 2014/2015 Football Season
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2014, 05:49: PM »
For the Premier League I would say:

1st Chelsea
2nd City
3rd Liverpool
4th Arsenal
5th United

Relegation

Leicester and QPR

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2014, 05:58: PM »
Prem top six:
City (biased)
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Tottenham

As a city fan I have to back my team for another title, provided we keep our key players and bring in some decent defensive minds to replace those leaving/not up to scratch. We don't need to bolster our attacking ranks as I feel that we are well supplied in the likes of kun, edin, stef and alvaro, plus the goal scoring abilities of our midfielders. our squad depth is our biggest strength, being able to swap out players who are tired/injured with someone of equal quality, no other team in the league can do that as much as we can, maybe chelsea could but it's not mourinho's style. getting rid of the dead wood in the side and bringing through more players from the youth system, guidetti, lopes and adbi ibrahim are prime examples of top quality potential in the youth/reserves. with some of our players reaching their last few years as players i feel like this year will be one where our younger generation will rotate in and take up the slack and when you take into consideration a fair few of our players that will be leaving are 'homegrown' it will be important to replace them with those of a similar designation.

I think Chelsea will do well, especially if they bring in fabregas to replace lampard, but mourinho's trait of focussing on europe rather than domestic honours will be his main drawback. They need a killer striker, like aguero, van persie, giroud and suarez. Ba isn't what he was at newcastle and we all know that torres is on the out in terms of potential and overall ability, Costa will give them that, providing he adapts to their style and the rigours of the prem.

Arsenal will be up there, too much quality to be any lower, i just dont see them pushing for the title, tournaments and europe will be their main focus.

Man utd will be back in the mix, although i think they need to really think about their squad and the quality it lacks in areas, defensively in particular, now vidic and ferdinand are gone, jones and co will need to step it up majorly. mifield they're not exactly young any more, if they bring in one or two decent central mids then they will dominate in most matches, theyre attacking mids need to be used more freely, mata, januzaj and kagawa are all world class and miles better than valencia and nani (where did he go?) so they need to link up and create the chances for the forwards, up front i think they will be ok, rooney needs to be deployed more directly, not as a shadow striker or attacking centre like he was last year, he needs to learn to partner someone a lot better than he does atm, van persie will need to get over his injuries and man up, or he'll lose confidence and fade out like berbatov did.

I can't see liverpool pushing for the title, not with europe to contend with, they just don't have enough depth and bringing in a few players from southampton won't change that, especially one who's coming to the end of his career in Lambert, Lallana would be a good purchase but i think the money would be better spent on someone with euopean experience, rues from dortmund or sanchez from barca, both would be available for the same 30m pricetag and both of a much better standard than lallana.

tottenham, despite their quality are no where near the same as they were with bale and modric in the side, i think they need to get rid of the freeloaders, like paulinho and soldado, both signings who failed to live up to the hype that got them their big money moves, i think erikson and lamela need to be used more, they're both class and can change games with a single pass or dummy. but without the stability of a long term head coach i think they will be bouncing around the top ten like a yo-yo.

These are my thoughts anyway, take it as you will.

Here's to another great season!
« Last Edit: 03 June 2014, 06:06: PM by Shepherd »

Offline buxom fox

• [NTHW] Friends and Family
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2014, 07:49: PM »
Leicester to stay up!!!

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2014, 10:18: PM »
Leicester to stay up!!!
Hell yeah they will!

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2014, 11:51: AM »
Some great games so far with no draws and plenty of goals.

I stayed up to watch the Eng game and thought whilst better, we were still not good enough.  Johnson, Rooney and Gerrard poor.  Everyone kept on about Pirlo, but he'll get outplayed by better teams. We should have packed the midfield with pace and youth to run rings round him.

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2014, 12:52: PM »
We're back playing in Coventry  :tu: :tu: :tu: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :) :) :)

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2014, 08:04: PM »
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY  :D

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2014, 08:05: PM »
Falcao, rooney, RVP, Mata, di maria, shaw Rojo not a bad start of a team

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2014, 09:21: PM »
Falcao, rooney, RVP, Mata, di maria, shaw Rojo not a bad start of a team

But a defense of Smalling, Evans, Blankett and Keane  :rofl:

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2014, 09:25: PM »
what about shaw rojo and rafael

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2014, 10:56: PM »
shaw = injured, rojo = no work permit and rafeal = better going forward than defending

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2014, 06:58: AM »
rojo does hve a work permit shaw wont be injured for long and we want rafeal to go forward

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2014, 03:17: PM »
Cracking game between United and Leicester.

Leicester well and truly deserved the win.

Van Gall needs to do what Moyes didn't and actually spend some money on the defence because the defence is crap absolute crap!!!

Offline FrenchieCDC

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2014, 06:06: PM »
Absolutely shocking weekend for football

liverpool 1 - 3 West ham
Man U 3 - 5 Leicester
Everton 2 - 3 crystal palace

absolutely crazy results...

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2014, 06:34: PM »
city v chelsea 1-1 and lampard scores for city.... wtf is going on?

Offline buxom fox

• [NTHW] Friends and Family
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2014, 08:13: PM »
Leicester 5-3 Man Utd  - good for football

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2014, 09:30: AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Who would be a Coventry fan.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2014, 02:21: PM »
Typical shit performance from the official in the Manchester Derby.

First yellow card for smalling was not deserved, 2nd was though.

City should have had two players booked but as per usual the ref doesn't have a back bone when dealing with City players.

He also has no backbone when it comes to penalties since City should have had 2 in the first half.

Yet another example of why Football is not worth watching really anymore when it comes to the Premier League, time to go back on the Xbox and just watch Match Of The Day in the morning instead of watching a match that could be so good but spoiled by the officials again.

Offline Klinsman

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2014, 08:35: PM »
Typical shit performance from the official in the Manchester Derby.

First yellow card for smalling was not deserved, 2nd was though.

City should have had two players booked but as per usual the ref doesn't have a back bone when dealing with City players.

He also has no backbone when it comes to penalties since City should have had 2 in the first half.

Yet another example of why Football is not worth watching really anymore when it comes to the Premier League, time to go back on the Xbox and just watch Match Of The Day in the morning instead of watching a match that could be so good but spoiled by the officials again.

Think the first one was for obstructing the goalie, clearly a yellow.