naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: A Tool Time LAN  (Read 3648 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
A Tool Time LAN
« on: 26 April 2015, 10:11: AM »
This weekend Spanner kindly hosted a [NTHW] LAN.  As one of our newest clanners we weren't sure he realised what he was letting himself in for!

We have to say a big thank you to Spanner's wife and kids who went away for the weekend and for allowing us to turn the living room into chaos of computers, tables, and wires.  It's to be hoped that Spanner won't be in the doghouse for too long.

Biggest surprise of the weekend was MovedGoalPosts being the first arrival.  Normally, everyone is phoning him every five minutes to check on an arrival time as they wait for the tables and networking wiring before setup can start.

Second biggest surprise was for the local Chinese Takeaway as our order was apparently the highest value ever.  It's worth noting that Spanner's abode is in a moderate, almost sleepy village.  Our LAN was almost a big event.  Apparently the local pizza and kebab takeaway was very happy too.

The LAN was well attended, with some 16 of us over the weekend.  Special mention goes to Bopdude who once again drove halfway across the country to pick up a minibus load of clanners, and then had to return them all home once the party was over.

Our gaming was quite diverse.  There was a reasonable use of Battlefield 4, although the network connection was at it's limits.  Call of Duty 4, with some resurrected custom maps, saw a few high spirited games.  But the main attention seems to have been reserved for Grand Theft Auto V.

Our biggest dissappointment?  Nobody seemed to have any major computer failures.  Yes a couple of minor upgrades were made, but this was really tame by previous LAN standards.

Oh and the much promised visit to the nearby BBMF didn't happen as the airfield was closed to allow all the final approvals for the summer displays.  That means we are going to have to return for another LAN and try again :)

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: A Tool Time LAN
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2015, 02:15: PM »
thank you for hosting us Spanner :) :) :) hope you had a good time yourself at the lan

all back and setup by 2pm which isnt too bad I think.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2015, 02:32: PM »
Thank you Spanner for hosting and thank you to your wife and kids as well.

Me and my dad have just got home, and I am taking a break from the brain drain of driving home before setting up my pc.

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2015, 04:09: PM »
Guys,

A massive thanks for coming, was an honour to host you all, even Scary! I really enjoyed myself, finally being able to put a face to so many voices :) After 10 years of gaming with Vantage/Nic actually meeting for the first time was great! I was so relieved that I hadn't overestimated how much room I had downstairs.

So many apologies for the BBMF no show, I know a ferw of you wer really looking forward to going there. Unfortunately that wasn't something I was able to control, always another time.

I can't think of any hitches aside from the router having a wobble on Saturday evening?

CAtch you all later, I'm off for a sit down and eat something healthy!

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2015, 04:26: PM »
Yeah need to eat healthily as well

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2015, 06:02: PM »
Healthy Eating pah.

Was great to see everyone.  Got in about an hour ago.  Now to find homes for most of the clobber.

It was a shame about the BBMF.  It just means Spanner has to host another LAN at a time of year more likely to suit them :D

But once again thanks very much for the hosting, and we hope your wife doesn't kick you out into the tent tonight. :eek:

A superb venue, excellent catering.  What more can I say?
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2015, 06:12: PM »
Excellent LAN. Really enjoyed myself. Shame Alex couldn't come.
Nice seeing you all again and expecially the two new faces! We'll have to make sure that Vantage gets to sit with everyone else next time......and Damien!
Big thank you to Spanner for the venue and the tent  :notworthy: :tu:
I'll make sure to take some sort of charcol filter plug for my arse next time, but I have to say that I was up against some decent competition from Spanner and Squeak in the chemical warfare department on Saturday night.  :D
« Last Edit: 26 April 2015, 06:16: PM by Ramrod »
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2015, 06:17: PM »
And something for your snoring rammy.

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2015, 06:22: PM »
I don't snore..... :angel:

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2015, 06:24: PM »
I'll put this here so he sees it: Shep, can you PM me the password for that HDD you gave me please
 :)

Offline Ste

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2015, 06:31: PM »
Home and all set up again. Had some food and now my body is telling me to sleep! Was a great weekend, thanks for hosting spanner and thanks to your family for letting us take over.

Have to say it was the comfiest LAN I've been to with regards to sleeping arrangements and temperature. Although going out to the tent at 4am and hearing the symphony farts and snoring was quite amusing, thought my nostrils were gonna burn at some points!

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2015, 06:35: PM »
had a really good time thanks Spanner for having us we will be at your funeral please get your wife to let us know when it is.

had little sleep thanks rammy, but had lots of fun nice to meet vantage dutchie (finally) and Spanner that leaves Klinsman that i havent met

cant wait for the next one at dilli's who i really missed at this one.

the best thing of all i cant wait to climb into my own bed and sleep for 2 days

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2015, 06:36: PM »
Had a game on gta before the wife got home...had a bath and now waiting for some more Chinese food (the wife insisted) and gonna be an early night my eyes already closed nearly in the bath

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2015, 06:43: PM »
Got home safely, and just finished unpacking and setting up.

Now going to have nice soak in the bath and chill out.

A big thankyou to Spanner for hosting us, and thanks to all who attended for making it a great weekend of just chillin' and gaming.

Also, I do believe Scary is starting to calm down a bit :D

Offline Gottu

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2015, 07:05: PM »
I got back and tackled the mess that was my computer desk, I can now see some desktop.  Thanks for putting up with us Spanner and thanks to your family (hope they enjoy whats left of the cake).

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2015, 07:27: PM »
Thanks for hosting a great Lan, Spanner, was good to see everyone again, and good to see Spanner and Vantage as well!
Now to get everything set up again, time for a desk cleanout me thinks :)

Hope your cats turn up safely as well :yes:
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2015, 08:09: PM »
Cheers for hosting us Spanner, had a good laugh and sleeping out in the gazebo was actually quite pleasant, home and set back up and even rearrange my office to maximise space =] hope to see you all again soon.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2015, 08:19: PM »
Big thanks to Spanner for hosting us, bigger thanks to his wife and kids for letting a bunch of strangers take over for the weekend, a personal thank you to Mad and Damien for the generous donation of computer parts to get me out of the do do, great to meet Spanner and Vantage for the first time and good to see all the old faces again.
Just got home safe and sound, cheers all

Offline Shepherd

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2015, 08:43: PM »
hope the drive wasn't too draining, thanks for driving us Bop, you're a legend.  :tu:

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2015, 09:32: PM »
Your welcome, NTHW taxi driver, forgot, a big shout out to Shep and his dad for organizing the mini bus :)