naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner
GotW™ : Call of Duty 4

Author Topic: PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds  (Read 19601 times)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds
« on: 04 July 2017, 07:27: PM »
Can't take it any more, this is getting bought this week, it's still in development but very playable as is, if you don't know it there's plenty on youtube, have a look see, I'm watching a lot of live streaming from a player at the mo and can't get enough, it's not your run and gun,very cagey  intense, and that's from a spec point of view lmao

Offline zingle

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
Re: PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2017, 08:29: PM »
This game is amazing. its so addictive. before you know it hours and hours have gone by.

Offline zingle

« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2017, 02:43: AM »
whats the average match length? I assume its not something for the odd hour here or there

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2017, 12:26: PM »
At the minute for me, minutes :D 4 or 5 matches now without a kill, did make #40 once by running around without a clue :shrug:

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2017, 05:22: PM »
Well played a few more games altering settings, getting to know it a bit ( not a lot ) more, very hit and miss on weapons ? managed 1 kill, 1, in about 7 games :D didn't stop me, just got top 5 without firing a shot, from my pistol   ;D ;D

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2017, 08:07: PM »
It's getting better, better weapons being found makes a difference ( of course ) bit of info, it's not your average shooter, you'll go long periods without seeing anyone, stealth 'seems' to be the order of the day until the circle gets smaller, then it's mad, just got 2 kills at the end, I shot a guy that was shooting a guy nad got shot by that guy lmao, enjoying it though, nerve racking suspense very intense :D

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2017, 08:42: AM »
That looks nice. May well give it a go :tu:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2017, 08:55: AM »
That looks nice. May well give it a go :tu:

It's not fortunes if you decide you don't like it, as I said, it's not a cod or moh or bf, it is totally different, no uav etc, I'm liking it :tu:

Also to note, it is still a work in progress :)

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2017, 02:18: PM »
each match will last a max of 30 mins. there are lots of pick ups you can get. from energy drinks that give you stamina buffs, different tier items for armour and back packs. lots of weapon types from frying pans that save your life so pick one up, bats pistols, rifles and snipers. all these can be modded with sights magazines grips etc.

Bit of advice to last longer to get more points don't drop in to a town or city. if you see a small group of houses go there. when your running always go 3rd person so you can peak over ridges round corners.

Do not go over the bridges as you will be killed almost immediately. Cars will get your places quick but will draw lots of attention. the air drops they have the best stuff but 99% of the time someone is camping it for easy kills.

This is a very fun addictive game and they aim to go from Alpha to full game within a year.

there are two new maps out soon (for free)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2017, 02:52: PM »
each match will last a max of 30 mins. there are lots of pick ups you can get. from energy drinks that give you stamina buffs, different tier items for armour and back packs. lots of weapon types from frying pans that save your life so pick one up, bats pistols, rifles and snipers. all these can be modded with sights magazines grips etc.

Bit of advice to last longer to get more points don't drop in to a town or city. if you see a small group of houses go there. when your running always go 3rd person so you can peak over ridges round corners.

Do not go over the bridges as you will be killed almost immediately. Cars will get your places quick but will draw lots of attention. the air drops they have the best stuff but 99% of the time someone is camping it for easy kills.

This is a very fun addictive game and they aim to go from Alpha to full game within a year.

there are two new maps out soon (for free)

Yeah, learning all the time, I've taken to dropping early or late and working in over slowly, I like the military base, nice weapons but too much time before the circle closes in, need to play a duo with you so you can teach me some tricks :) struggling with the how to equip the mods to weapons and types, slow learning curve but it'll get there, it is a great game at the moment, and it's still alpha / beta ?

The graphics can be tweaked legitamatly as well with a prog called Reshade :D youtube it, makes a BIG difference :tu:

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2017, 02:57: PM »
lots of weapon types from frying pans that save your life so pick one up,

How can a fying pan save your life.  Either it's going to get wrapped around someone's head with a nice dull gong like thud effect, or it's proper use for a bacon and egg sarnie is going to give you clogged arteries  :P
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2017, 02:59: PM »

How can a fying pan save your life.  Either it's going to get wrapped around someone's head with a nice dull gong like thud effect, or it's proper use for a bacon and egg sarnie is going to give you clogged arteries  :P

Not sure exactly but it deflects bullets :shrug:

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2017, 03:21: PM »
whats the average match length? I assume its not something for the odd hour here or there

It is just that, made for jumping in and out of, once killed you go back to the main screen to join a new game, doesn't take long, always full 100 players iirc

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2017, 05:54: PM »

When It is in you inventory, it shows on your back so when people try and shoot you in the back they hit the pan

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2017, 09:04: PM »
Forget Reshade, I need more info, it was allowed now looking like it's not :shrug:

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #16 on: 07 July 2017, 07:48: AM »
what everyone was doing was having the graphics set to low and draw distance set to low. The outcome of that was so there was no trees plants and they could see where people were hiding. they have made a change since then to stop this as technically it is kind of a wall hack. i have not had chance to mess around with the settings to see what will work now as everytime i did try i got dead quick lol

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2017, 08:21: AM »
what everyone was doing was having the graphics set to low and draw distance set to low. The outcome of that was so there was no trees plants and they could see where people were hiding. they have made a change since then to stop this as technically it is kind of a wall hack. i have not had chance to mess around with the settings to see what will work now as everytime i did try i got dead quick lol

Yeah, reading further what you say is right but you can do that within the game settings, what reshade did was the opposite, it bought out and enhanced the colours and shading but this also made a difference in spotting, I've had to un-install PUGB to get rid of reshade, I'll re-install today though :)

Offline zingle

« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2017, 02:57: PM »

It is just that, made for jumping in and out of, once killed you go back to the main screen to join a new game, doesn't take long, always full 100 players iirc

but how long to win lol lol

Offline zingle

« Reply #19 on: 07 July 2017, 03:02: PM »

This is another thing that really grinds my gears. Where is the fun in cheating? skinless noobs sat in their Y fronts with their I am a tosser mug full of sunny D