naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: NTHW Battalion 1944 Game Server  (Read 596 times)

Offline [NTHW] Clan

• NTHW Gaming
NTHW Battalion 1944 Game Server
« on: 02 February 2018, 10:56: AM »
Damien C has arranged a 24 slot unranked Batallion 1944 server on behalf of the clan.  It is on an initial month's rental whilst we establish it's suitability, and overall interest in the game.  As we are experimenting it the map and game mode rotations are likely to change at short notice.  It is also (at least for the moment) passworded.

Any queries on server settings should be directed to Damien (not MGP) who is the sole admin.  At the moment there are no tools available to enable the clan to enjoy rcon or similar functions.

The server is currently branded nthwgaming.co.uk.

Clan members can check the password under gameservers > connections.  If you are not a clan member, and wish to join in when we are playing, please contact us on our teamspeak.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: NTHW Battalion 1944 Game Server
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2018, 10:21: PM »
Server name has been changed to ***Password NTHW****NTHWGaming.co.uk****

The Password whilst we wait for the developers to introduce a server sorting feature will remain as "NTHW" for all to play on the server.

If the password does not work, please contact myself or MGP (Movedgoalposts) as it may have changed for 1 night whilst the full clan plays together should we reach the numbers required to fill the server.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2018, 06:45: PM »
The developers have now issued the ability to search and filter the servers.

As such the server name is now: NTHWGaming.co.uk and there is no longer a password on the server.

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2018, 06:25: PM »
I thought i would give this another try today. When I got in there was no one on, not one person in a server. It looks like the bunny hoppers have killed this game

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2018, 08:05: PM »
Yep. And iirc, the community voted to allow bunnyhopping. Voted themselves out of a game.  :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2018, 04:12: PM »
It's so unfortunate, but player count has tanked, to the extent that even if they do get to release their major update, sometime in June, it's unlikely they will get sufficient numbers giving it a go again to have feedback on whether it works.  But this is only very partly the community who loved bunny hopping fault.  The blame must lay with the developers who have been so wedded to a "competitive scene", and listening only to a handful of those type of players fawning over them over on reddit (the devs have virtually ignored their official forum), rather than the majority, who have abandoned the game, and would be very difficult to get back.

Bunny hopping is only part of the problem.  The game mechanics as a whole are wrong - in scale terms players can make a single leap apparently carrying weapons and the like, greater than that of a record breaking athlete.  The game is so hardcore that snipers are the weapon of choice for their one hit, even when jumping, compared to the inaccurate auto firing guns.  In their kickstarter the devs promised an "authentic" game experience.  What was launched, too hurriedly into EA (as they had run out of money), albeit that they were well behind their original schedule, lacked depth and testing.  And the real nail in the coffin is the attitude of the dev spokesman Brammer, who apart from one apology over inadequate servers at EA launch day, has been quite toxic in his responses to critics.

What this has confirmed, along with Days of War that has now dissppeared, is that I will never waste my money on a Kickstarter again.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2018, 04:33: PM »
I'm still looking for THE next game, not a lot that we haven't seen, played similar to or passed up :(

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2018, 10:04: PM »
I thought it was wank! :td: :td: