naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Battlefield 4  (Read 50313 times)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Battlefield 4
« Reply #40 on: 28 March 2013, 08:46: AM »
if you pre order it are they going to take the money out of your account instantly or closer to release???

The usual form with pre-order is that the money is taken at the time the game is shipped to you, not before.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #41 on: 28 March 2013, 08:47: AM »
Do you get the beta if you pre order the full game?

I didn't have to do anything detail wise, I just clicked on it and it said I was in, or whatever the terminology was :shrug: maybe I do have to put in bank details but I don't want to, not yet ?

Did you get 'Premium' through Origin Bop?

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #42 on: 28 March 2013, 10:11: AM »
Do you get the beta if you pre order the full game?

I didn't have to do anything detail wise, I just clicked on it and it said I was in, or whatever the terminology was :shrug: maybe I do have to put in bank details but I don't want to, not yet ?

Did you get 'Premium' through Origin Bop?

Yes mate, does that make a difference in the pre order / getting it / got it :shrug:

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #43 on: 28 March 2013, 10:24: AM »
ive got it yippy

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #44 on: 28 March 2013, 10:26: AM »
Far too early to think about any pre-order, even if you are trying to get beta access.  We don't even know when the beta might be, or what the beta would entail.  At this stage everything about the game is marketing hype.  Don't fall for it.

I'd give it a couple of weeks to settle down before you even start to get slightly worried about what origin says you will or will not have access to for a beta.  And even if you don't have access, from previous betas there soon proved to be loads of access keys being made available from many different places closer to the time, so again don't pay out anything now.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #45 on: 28 March 2013, 10:50: AM »
 :tu: @ MGP  :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #46 on: 28 March 2013, 11:10: AM »
Far too early to think about any pre-order, even if you are trying to get beta access.  We don't even know when the beta might be, or what the beta would entail.  At this stage everything about the game is marketing hype.  Don't fall for it.

I'd give it a couple of weeks to settle down before you even start to get slightly worried about what origin says you will or will not have access to for a beta.  And even if you don't have access, from previous betas there soon proved to be loads of access keys being made available from many different places closer to the time, so again don't pay out anything now.

Exactly.

Paul yesterday didn't have the Beta showing up apparently but today he does, and as I said in the post yesterday it could take a few weeks to show up that you have access to it.

The thing is I am thinking the game will be released in October, and the Beta will be released the 1st week of October because let's face it what they call a Beta is not a Beta really it's a Demo, and then when people report issues they work on it for a day one patch they don't fix it so that when it's released it doesn't have those issues, because they will be sending it to the production companies to have the disc's burned etc at around the 1st week in October possibly the last week in September.

I will simply wait for the beta and then try it before I actually buy it.

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #47 on: 28 March 2013, 11:17: AM »
I've now got access to the beta as well - when it comes out  :tu:

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #48 on: 28 March 2013, 11:40: AM »
Yep. If you got premium or mohw through origin, you get bf4 beta access.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #49 on: 28 March 2013, 12:02: PM »
Ok, cheers mate :tu:

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #50 on: 23 May 2013, 10:11: AM »
Release date is the 1st November 2013.

If you pre-order it you get the 1st DLC for free, which means they already have a number of DLC's that they are going to release and probably have them already made ready to go for release day.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124278-You-Can-Experience-Battlefield-4s-Gritty-Realism-On-October-29th

Still not seen a date as to when the Beta becomes active but I would suspect it would be the last week in September or the 1st week in October.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #51 on: 23 May 2013, 01:02: PM »
BF3 had a number of expansion packs.  I suspect they do have BF4 planned out in terms of what the packs will be, but whether all are fully developed by the time of the game launch is another thing.  As we know BF3 did change a bit during as things were "tweaked" throughout the year, in turn that will have affected how some of the expansions were playing even before release.  Even with the first expansion, we all suffered some rather large file downloads that would STM us Virgin Media users in the current scheme of things.

What we should be expecting is that there will be DLC, and assuming you buy into BF4. the best options are to get the limited edition before the main game release so you get expansion one, and then when the second expansion comes out, get the premium so you save overall on all the expansions.

As ever though, the first test will be the beta of BF4, and it won't be until well after then that I make any purchase decision.  Indeed, irrespective of the game type, there is too much game industry hype these days.  I've been suckered into wasting my money on too many recent games that I'm reluctant to part with my cash now until I see real, proper, not preview, reviews.  MOH and SimCity would not have been bought if I'd known how awful and unsuited to my gaming requirements they would turn out to be.

uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #52 on: 23 May 2013, 01:45: PM »
BF3 had a number of expansion packs.  I suspect they do have BF4 planned out in terms of what the packs will be, but whether all are fully developed by the time of the game launch is another thing.  As we know BF3 did change a bit during as things were "tweaked" throughout the year, in turn that will have affected how some of the expansions were playing even before release.  Even with the first expansion, we all suffered some rather large file downloads that would STM us Virgin Media users in the current scheme of things.

What we should be expecting is that there will be DLC, and assuming you buy into BF4. the best options are to get the limited edition before the main game release so you get expansion one, and then when the second expansion comes out, get the premium so you save overall on all the expansions.

As ever though, the first test will be the beta of BF4, and it won't be until well after then that I make any purchase decision.  Indeed, irrespective of the game type, there is too much game industry hype these days.  I've been suckered into wasting my money on too many recent games that I'm reluctant to part with my cash now until I see real, proper, not preview, reviews.  MOH and SimCity would not have been bought if I'd known how awful and unsuited to my gaming requirements they would turn out to be.

The thing for me is if MOH:W had, had a Beta I would not have bought it granted I got my money back for it but if it had, had a beta then I would not have had to go through the hassle of getting my money back.

With Battlefield 3, they had a Beta but they limited what content was in it such as vehicles, map's, guns etc which made the game appear better to me than the full game, and I personally wish I had not bought it now.

With Battlefield 4 I am going to try the beta and then see what the game is like once released however, given that Battlefield 3 & 4 will most likely be the only games the clan plays as a clan it will more than likely mean I buy it anyway so that I can actually play games with the clan.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #53 on: 23 May 2013, 01:59: PM »
I'll be getting it, the updates to the single player campaign look like enough to sell it to me.

Whether I pay out a premium for the limited edition will have to wait until closer to the time and how much spare 'gaming' cash I have.

Usually, I set aside about £15 per month for games - which means I can get 5 or 6 full price titles every year - or more if I buy older or discounted download keys - we'll just have to see- BF4 does look good, and we don't have to play vehicle game modes all the time :D

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #54 on: 11 June 2013, 08:45: AM »
Looks fun however I will wait till I have played the beta.

Offline zingle

« Reply #55 on: 11 June 2013, 10:24: AM »
Does look good have to say

Offline SkyBlueHeroes

• [NTHW] Retired List
  • Totes Amaze
« Reply #56 on: 11 June 2013, 12:18: PM »

To be fair, you said that about BF2, BF3, various CoD's and MoH......then got annoyed with them all!

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #57 on: 11 June 2013, 12:22: PM »
looks very good, do like the fact you can blow up a supporting pillar underground, and the road caves in :)
does look like teamwork is needed more than in BF3 tho :/
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #58 on: 11 June 2013, 12:28: PM »

To be fair, you said that about BF2, BF3, various CoD's and MoH......then got annoyed with them all!

But all those games do look fun, but then when you actually start playing them they suddenly become different.

Until I see it and am able to play it, I just won't know because looking at the videos that have been released up to now it seems to show that vehicles can be used but that, they are not the dominating machines that they are in the likes of BF3.

Offline madonion_uk

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #59 on: 12 June 2013, 05:20: PM »
well, have just watched this again from the coverage at E3. It was played Live 64 players at E3, all on pc. Will bring that copy to the LAN, as it's so much better than the youtube version
Better to be a minute late in this world than a minute early in the next....