naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 2732 times)

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Xbox One
« on: 20 June 2013, 07:51: AM »
Well Microsoft have seen the light (lol)

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2013/06/19/microsoft-ditches-xbox-one-restrictions/1

They have decided that you won't need to have a internet connection plugged in all the time, and you won't have any restrictions on the use of 2nd hand games etc.

Seems they have seen the increase in PS4 pre-orders and decided to do this to counter that increase.

Bit more info

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 08:12: AM »
I have more interest watching a slug cross the road than what xbox or the ps4 people come up with next to bore the living p*ss out me with

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2013, 09:13: AM »
The whole online connection etc, didn't bother me as I was going to buy the Xbox anyway to continue being able to play the Halo games as I want to see where the story goes.

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2013, 01:28: PM »
For those who like the consol's then it is interesting times for them. I only would want the xbox 360 as a media centre extender.

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline zingle

« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2013, 02:12: PM »
For those who like the consol's then it is interesting times for them. I only would want the xbox 360 as a media centre extender.

Ironically I only want the One as a media device lol It will have HDMI in and I am kinda hoping it is clever enough to handshake with the box and control its menu cuz that then would be uber cool but I doubt it will. I like the snap so you can browse and watch tv at same time would be useful plus I like the gimmick of control using kinect

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2013, 02:23: PM »

It's of interest to me from a techy/historical point of view, just to see how they develop, what features they add, what features they take away from each new generation and version, and how the punters react to it all. I'd probably never get one myself though. It'll be fascinating to hear what the new XBOX is really like from Damien, when he gets one.

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2013, 02:25: PM »

Ironically I only want the One as a media device lol It will have HDMI in and I am kinda hoping it is clever enough to handshake with the box and control its menu cuz that then would be uber cool but I doubt it will. I like the snap so you can browse and watch tv at same time would be useful plus I like the gimmick of control using kinect

I would give my right arm if they were to develop a software build of the Windows media centre extender that can be installed on a pc.

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2013, 05:14: PM »

I would give my right arm if they were to develop a software build of the Windows media centre extender that can be installed on a pc.

It's called Windows XP Media Centre and Windows Home Server  ;)

Offline Bill C

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2013, 08:41: PM »

It's called Windows XP Media Centre and Windows Home Server  ;)

No i am talking about media extender which is what the xbox is.  ;)

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2013, 08:19: AM »
My son was hooting and jumping for joy about this last night - he's gonna get the new XBOX now, and not get a gaming PC.

Damn you Microsoft!  :D

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2013, 11:40: AM »
 :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...