naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Being kicked from your Server for beeing too good.  (Read 3420 times)

Offline AppLeNaToR

Being kicked from your Server for beeing too good.
« on: 08 November 2013, 10:53: PM »
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/398925769195582272/228862663/

In this match i was first "Killed" and a Minute later "Kicked for having unbelievable score".

Guys, seriously? Don't you have your own server-message saying "Don't accuse others of cheating, they may be just better"???

I just had an awesome Squadmate who kept repairing the tank whilst i could keep shooting.

Well anyway. Losing a match should NOT be a reason for admins to kick players from the enemy team....

Offline AppLeNaToR

Re: Being kicked from your Server for beeing too good.
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2013, 11:20: PM »
Could have posted it in the Ban appeal section, even though I am not banned.

I am just upset that your admins abuse their power to get rid of good players on the enemy team.

Offline Klinsman

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2013, 11:33: PM »
We did have a discussion, and it was agreed a kick was required simply because of your score, we try and encourage like minded and like skilled gamers to our servers so it is sometimes necessary to kick those with extremely high K/D ratios as we try and keep everyone happy. I'm sure you will agree a score of 20-1 is very off putting for all.

Offline AppLeNaToR

« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2013, 12:00: AM »
But then tell me to stop. I would have switched with my mate so he could take maingun and i would repair him..

You have to agree that it simply looked like you wanted to get rid of your worst enemy by simply kicking him from the server.

I am not arguing that it can be annoying to stand up against a tank-engi combo like we play it. Still it does not justify a kick from the server.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2013, 12:33: AM »
I don't know about any initial kill.

Shortly before the kick was initiated your score stood at 27 for 1 death.  I'm sure you would agree that if you were on a server with someone who had that ratio you would be at least surprised.

Players within our clan were saying they were being easily killed at both points A and C.  That caused concern.

In game chat I questioned the score.  Within 4 seconds you had posted back twice - Dude - Im in a tank.  So typing that may not take a long time but your reactions had to be phenomenal to have seen that, dropped to typing and respond.  Very few players would be expecting that and would be able to react that quickly.  It was as if you had something programmed in as a macro somewhere, and would already have been aware that your score would be drawing too much attention.

I don't recall who actually issued the kick.  They may have been a tad hasty, but I'm sure that if you were in our shoes you would have been concerned something was amiss.  Indeed we are reluctant to kick or ban, and it's very rare to do so, outside of a punkbuster related detection, or simply that one of our users needs access to a full server.

Ultimately this was a kick, not a suspension or ban.  We can't prove anything, and are not directly accusing you.  But ultimately the servers are being run so that our clan, and then the public, can enjoy them.  At the time of the kick a majority were not able to do that.

We do take on board your comments, and will look at this within the clan to see if we can have a better approach to dealing with such issues if they arise in the future.

I'm going to move this to the ban appeals section, as realistically this does relate to usage of our server.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline zingle

« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2013, 10:39: AM »
I remember a day when the whole of NTHW on mass invaded a server with the clan name of Pringle because I was accused of cheating due to my score. Damien regularly has scores like the one the op was kicked for and also gets accused of cheating. I am glad I do not play anymore

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2013, 10:44: AM »
I remember a day when the whole of NTHW on mass invaded a server with the clan name of Pringle because I was accused of cheating due to my score. Damien regularly has scores like the one the op was kicked for and also gets accused of cheating. I am glad I do not play anymore

I heard about that when we were at Stu's funeral, it actually sounded like a pretty funny story.

I am not as good as I use to be anymore, but I am starting to get back to it.

Battlefield though is a whole different ball game and it's a struggle to get decent scores on it, although I didn't do to bad last night including showing up Davey on 1 map with a score of practically double his.

Either way I just wish games would go back to the MOH and COD 2 style of no killstreak rewards, no perks and no weapon attachments other than what is already on the gun and then you will see who has the real gaming ability.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2013, 10:57: AM »
I just wish games would go back to the MOH and COD 2 style of no killstreak rewards, no perks and no weapon attachments other than what is already on the gun and then you will see who has the real gaming ability.

I agree with this 100%, ranks should only be 'for show', and rewards should only be things like camos, weapon skins, badges and other things so you can have some level of customisation and showing off your progress, but it does not give any great 'advantage' over other players.

Even I have been accused of cheating by some idiots, and my K/D hovers around 6/10 on a good day :D. It has to be said that the online gaming community for military FPS games is probably the worst for general online behaviour (present company excepted), with CoD easily having the most badly behaved 'community' overall, especially for MW2 onwards where there are no dedi servers (even though there are a lot of decent folks playing it) - I should say that for the most part CoD4 online is mostly fine as most of the people are playing because they love it, rather than just to rank up with douche-bag tactics.
The Battlefield community seems a little more mature and chilled out, but it has it's fair share of twits as well.

Offline Bill C

• Internet now downloaded, whats next :)
  • [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2013, 04:40: PM »

I remember that it was so funny :)

If Infantry is the Queen of Battle, then armour is the chastity belt that keeps the bitch from getting raped !

Offline zingle

« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2013, 04:57: PM »

Either way I just wish games would go back to the MOH and COD 2 style of no killstreak rewards, no perks and no weapon attachments other than what is already on the gun and then you will see who has the real gaming ability.

I would be near the top lol lol

Offline SilverSwords

• [NTHW] Friends and Family
« Reply #10 on: 05 December 2014, 08:38: PM »
Ive just seen this section and wanted to get involved  ;D
Careful, ill stab you in the back given the chance

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2014, 12:37: AM »
Arghh, I hate people who bump ancient threads for no reason.   >:(  That is after all why the forum warns it's an old thread.

Of course SilverSwords has no chance of ever being accused of being too good  :P
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: 06 December 2014, 09:12: AM »

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] In Memoriam
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #13 on: 06 December 2014, 09:14: AM »
I wish I'd get accused of being too good :)

Online Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #14 on: 06 December 2014, 02:24: PM »
Sadly, I only ever get accused of being too good in bed  ;)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline dilli-theclaw

• NO!
  • [NTHW] In Memoriam
  • 1 x CRIPP
« Reply #15 on: 06 December 2014, 02:30: PM »
in my minion army you shall be in charge of creativity as you have the best imagination I've ever seen :tu:

Offline zingle

« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2014, 10:13: AM »

yeah man I was told no one falls asleep faster than you ;)